1Home Server

Simon Still

Apr 24, 2024, 5:09:31 AMApr 24
to Loxone English
https://www.1home.io/server-for-loxone

Looking at this but I can't work out exactly what it is.  It's a bridge between Loxone and Matter, fine.  But in which direction? What do you use as your UI/phone interface?

Does it have its own UI/App?  Can you use Loxone for everything? or are you completely rebuilding your Loxone interface in Apple and using the Apple HomeKit app from now on in order to add a few Matter devices to your home?

Ian Henderson

May 29, 2024, 10:41:00 AMMay 29
to Loxone English
Hi, I have one of these which will be added to my Loxone system which is being commissioned next week. I was hoping it would allow access to Alexa and a few other devices but the support for that seems to have slipped to a TBC. I aill have a play over the next few weeks and let you know how I get on. I am thinking it may be of limited value until some of the promised features are delivered.

Rok Prevolšek

May 31, 2024, 3:30:46 AMMay 31
to Loxone English
Hey,
Currently - 1Home Server Loxone Bridge offers Loxone to Matter integration. That means using all mobile app and voice interfaces supported by Matter -> Apple Home, Google Home, SmartThings, Home Assistant. Its a local execution first and very data private device.

It also comes equipped with 1Home automations - feature that currently doesn't necessarily bring a lot of value for Loxone users as the Loxone config interface is on a really proper level.

However: in Q3 we will also be launching Matter controller functionality -> Meaning you will be able to integrate all Matter certified devices locally to 1Home.
Together with 1H Automations this feature will enable you to also control Matter devices from the Loxone mobile app. You will be able to create a virtual device in Loxone config -> Then use this device as a trigger in 1Home automations to control a Matter device.

Long story short: For now 1Home Server is Loxone to Matter Bridge -> In the middle/end of Q3 also Matter controller functionality is coming that will enable you for instance to control a virtual Phillips Hue device in Loxone Config - then control it over 1H Automations as it would be a Loxone device.

Everybody who buys the Loxone Server now - gets Matter controller feature included for free.

Hope this explains it.

Best,
Rok