Loxone App issue

DavidL

May 6, 2019, 5:25:25 AM5/6/19
to Loxone English
Morning,

I'm having a rather off issue relating to the Loxone app on my iPhone.
For a few days now, I am unable to connect remotely to my install at home using the phone network. My wife has no issue via her iPhone using the same phone network (Vodafone).
To make it more interesting, if I use wifi away from home, I am able to connect to my home install just fine.

I also look after a number of other installations, and if I try to access these via my iPhone on the Vodafone network they will also not load.

I've deleted each Loxone install via the app and re-added, but the same issue remains.
I have deleted the Loxone app and re-installed, but again the same issue is there.
I've reset the iPhone network settings, with no joy either.

When I look at the packet logs on the Draytek router at home, I can see my iPhone sending a request to the Miniserver, but it still won't load.

Anyone else had a similar issue? I was wondering if this was an issue with Vodafone, but I can see the connection coming through my router, so I'm unsure if that's the issue.

David

breizhnos

May 7, 2019, 3:12:49 AM5/7/19
to Loxone English
Not a Loxone issue obviously.

have you checked if you can use other Data ressource on internet from your mobile ? Speedtest ? NPerf ?

Very strange that you're DrayTeck see incoming request.

A VPN always on on the iPhone ?

You can test accessing miniserver by Safari

DavidL

May 7, 2019, 10:23:46 AM5/7/19
to Loxone English
I can use other data resources, yes.
If I use Safari to my Loxone installation, that works just fine.
If I enable a VPN on my phone, I can connect to Loxone via the app.

The different examples above seem to contradict one another. How can I access the installation via Safari, but not via the app.

David

Julián Medrano Silvestre

May 8, 2019, 9:07:21 AM5/8/19
to Loxone English
I had the same issue some months ago with a customer.
Try your wife's SIM card on your iPhone to see if it works.
If your contract is the same, I'd check if your SIM is the same. If hers is newer, ask Vodafone to send you a new one.
O never knew what was the problem, but it was also with Vodafone

DavidL

May 8, 2019, 9:14:11 AM5/8/19
to Loxone English
Thanks for the insight Julián.

Are you aware if a new SIM card fixed it for your customer?
I don't think this will work in my instance. I am able to access my installation via Safari just fine. I wonder if the Loxone app is trying to use the internal network settings for my installation on Vodafones network, instead of using the external settings specified in the configuration.

Besides trying a full reset on my phone, I've nothing left to try at this stage.

RSinn

May 9, 2019, 3:59:27 AM5/9/19
to Loxone English
I have the same issue. It came in when the app updated. My phone only works on WiFi (Xiaomi on Virgin) but Mrs works everywhere (iPhone on Vodafone).

DavidL

May 10, 2019, 12:23:00 PM5/10/19
to Loxone English
It would appear I have been able to fix this by changing the port redirection I had in place on my router.
I still believe this is an internal issue inside the Loxone app and not on my network.

RSinn, I'd be curious to know if you're able to access your install remotely after changing the port being used. I can pass that on to Loxone support as not just being me then.

David