Grandstream GDS3710 Loxone integration

Russ

Oct 2, 2018, 1:32:09 PM10/2/18
to Loxone English
Hi,
Got this video interphone installed at our gate and communicating well with my SIP server on a Raspberry PI.  Works great; button push makes ipads, phones and our SIP phones ring, video works, audio is loud and clear.  Now to integrate it with Loxone...

I have the Door controller function block defined in Loxone with the url for the mjpeg stream (http://login:pass@IP_address/jpeg/mjpeg.html) and image (http://login:pass@IP_address/jpeg/view.html).  I will have Gate Open and Light functions off this controller as well eventually.

These urls work great in Firefox & Chrome, but I just get an error ("A problem was detected... No image!") in Loxone.  I tried with http & https - same results.

I haven't tried the audio intercom portion yet, but am hoping that as it's supposed to be SIP protocol it will work.

Has anyone succeeded in getting the stream or even an image to show up in the Loxone Door controller function block with the GDS3710?

Russ

Bartel Eerdekens

Oct 3, 2018, 3:01:05 AM10/3/18
to Loxone English
Hi Russ,

I have a GDS3710 installed as well.

For stream use, I used this url: http://login:pass@IP_address/snapshot/view0.jpg (both as snapshot when rang and as video stream (internal) and external video stream (replace IP with external domain)
(I had another problem with this, that after 3 subsequent external connections (not on same LAN, so via internet), the HTTP server of the GDS3710 would hang. I opened a support ticket for this, but still no resolution yet.

Same goes for audio, it's well explained in the forum posts. I used https://www.antisip.com/sip-antisip-com-register/register.html in stead of the proposed eikiga.net (as antisip supports busy calls, or at least gives an notification).

Good luck with it! Please report back if it won't work.

Russ

Oct 3, 2018, 5:41:31 PM10/3/18
to Loxone English
Hey thanks!  That URL worked great.

Looked at the German forum thread, very interesting.  It will take me a while to decipher the section on using a UDP port as a virtual input into Loxone though as I've not done this yet...

Is this the method you used to signal to Loxone that someone has pressed the GDS3710 doorbell button?  I have also wired to be able to use a contact closure from the GDS3710 as a digital input to Loxone, but using a virtual input is more secure (and doesn't use up a digital input on the miniserver).

Found a thread somewhere else that said the Loxone SIP implementation is not so complete (I noticed it has no provision for a password); apparently your sip service (RasPBX running on my LAN in my case) needs to accept anonymous calls to work.  For anyone who has their SIP server exposed externally this is kind of a no-no.  You will see your log fill up with attempts pretty much immediately...

Bartel Eerdekens

Oct 4, 2018, 7:31:08 AM10/4/18
to loxone-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Russ,

I indeed used a SIP call to let Loxone know the doorbell was pressed.

Choose an unused SIP/UDP port, e.g. 7000
And configure like this:
  • Configure in GDS: "Number called when doorbell pressed": YOUR_LOXONE_IP:7000
  • Create a Virtual UDP input (I set the UDP receive port to 7000)
  • Create in this Virtual UDP input a Virtual UDP input command
    • Command recognition: INVITE sip:YOUR_LOXONE_IP:7000   (e.g. INVITE sip:192.168.0.2:7000)
    • Check box "Use as digital input"
  • Connect this virtual input command to Tr of your Door Controller block
That's it!

I don't really know what you mean with the Loxone SIP being not complete, I did not set up my own SIP server/service or so... In my Door Controller block I have:
I use the antisip (which is password protected) for my external SIP calls, which works well in my case.

Russ

Oct 4, 2018, 11:33:20 AM10/4/18
to Loxone English
Hi Bartel,

Great info, thanks!

The virtual input worked fine, and the audio communication worked as well as soon as I reduced the GDS3710 call time to 1 second.  I had set it up as a client on the raspbx sip server which then did a group call to all our soft and hard sip phones.  However, the Loxone app does not have a full sip client, it can only call to a predefined number (the intercom), so reported "busy" if I tried to connect while the group call attempt was still in progress.  So basically, the two methods (group sip call vs loxone app) are not compatible.  We went with the Loxone solution as the video is fluid, the doorbell sound is nice, communication is clear and loud and we can define other functions.  I haven't tried it externally yet.

The key for me on the Loxone config audio side was once I realized that the Audio username was the number/name of the GDS3710, not to register the Loxone app as a client with the sip server. Same for the host; this is the intercom ip, not the sip server.

I now have the audio and streaming working and am working on setting up a virtual output for an http api call to the GDS3710 to open the gate.  I programmed a local pin on the GDS3710 which works great, and now am working through the GDS3710 http api protocol.

Thanks for your help!

Russ

Oct 4, 2018, 12:47:35 PM10/4/18
to Loxone English
Follow up: The GDS3710 http api protocol is a challenge / response type that requires generating an md5 hash and including it in subsequent headers.  Not possible with the current Loxone virtual output http api calls and probably challenging to write some Pico C code to do it.  Could write some php script and execute it on a raspberry pi, but...

...I think I'll take the easier way out and use a digital out from the miniserver to the control input on the gate.

Bartel Eerdekens

Oct 25, 2018, 10:54:34 AM10/25/18
to Loxone English
Russ,

Do you have as well set up an external connection? I have a problem with my external connection to the GDS370, which is a GDS3710 bug I think:

When I am on my LAN, everything is fine, problem below is not reproducible.
But when I am remote (Android application on other WIFI/4G), it happens the video stream from the GDS3710 stops, especially when connecting and disconnecting multiple times in a row.
E.g. open and close the Door Controller in the application. After 3-5 times, each time, the GDS3710 stops responding (it's the HTTP server, even the webinterface is not accessible) for quite a while (half an hour / up to several hours).

I could even reproduce this just on a laptop, quickly refreshing the video URL remote.

If you have set up a remote connection, could you please try the procedure above? So open the door controller, see the video, go back, open again, ....

(By the way, they are in the process of providing a direct MJPEG stream URL: Stream ➔ http(s)://admin:password@ip:port/jpeg/stream, it was added in the 1.0.4.5 release (http://www.grandstream.com/sites/default/files/Resources/GDS3710_UserManual.pdf) but has taken offline due to upgrade issues. And unfortunately I can concur, I had to RMA my GDS3710 after bricked firmware upgrade, to the 1.0.4.5 beta release. In the meanwhile I am on 1.0.4.5, luckily it seems...)

Thanks!

Mathiasc

Oct 28, 2018, 3:11:50 PM10/28/18
to Loxone English
hello,

i also have the virtual input working just fine, as well as the video works fine, but i can't seem to get the audio working:

i have tried antisip.com and iptel.org and i can register the GDS3710 with both providers.

the problem is that when i let the loxone app "call" the doorphone he always says "busy".

i have tried adding everything to the whitelist but nothing works:

Bartel Eerdekens

Oct 29, 2018, 4:02:49 AM10/29/18
to Loxone English
Indeed, there is some "busy period" when pressing the doorbell. But as said above, you can set the timeout below:

Under "SIP Advanced settings": Ringing Timeout(s) , set to 1s
In my setup, I don't even have the whitelist enabled, nor anything whitelisted.

For the antisip username, I do not have the @antisip.com behind it, in my case though...
But if the service is online, it should be fine I guess.

Mathias Coryn

Oct 29, 2018, 12:38:36 PM10/29/18
to Bartel Eerdekens, Loxone English

Bartel Eerdekens

Oct 30, 2018, 4:44:24 AM10/30/18
to Loxone English
My working setup (I do prefer antisip, because it gives an audio message when the connection would be busy as opposed to iptel):
With 192.168.0.15 being my IP of the GDS.

What is your specific problem? You cannot establish an audio connection? Both on LAN as via internet (external)?
Even without ringing the doorbell?

Screenshot 2018-10-30 at 09.38.14.png

Screenshot 2018-10-30 at 09.19.17.png

Screenshot 2018-10-30 at 09.19.39.png

Mathias Coryn

Oct 30, 2018, 6:28:44 AM10/30/18
to Bartel Eerdekens, Loxone English

Ok Bartel, thanks for the screenshots. I got it working!

The problem was the whitelist in fact. When I disabled the whitlist it started working immediately. But I started to get fake call’s also direct. So I checked the log for the “keyword” and I figured it out that it was “smarthome” I needed to add.

Now everything is working fine.

If you don’t add the whitelist, everyone who knows your directsip.com address can call to the SIP id and can speak and guess access code’s.

Thanks for all the help!

Kind regards,

mathias

May 29, 2021, 9:42:22 PM5/29/21
to Loxone English
I've recently upgraded a Miniserver Gen 1 to the new Miniserver. I've also purchased a GDS3710 and in the process of integrating it.
For external network access, I've previously used a manually started VPN on the iOS device, before launching the Loxone app. I fear that by the time a VPN is established, a visitor will be long gone from the front gate.

With the new Miniserver, I wish to utilise the Loxone RemoteConnect feature to speed up the process of connection when a visitor rings the Grandstream GDS3710. So far, the GDS3710 audio is working fine both internally and externally (using a sip.antisip.com account for the external audio).

The video feed works fine on the internal network. I can get the intercom video working when external to the home network only if I set up port forwarding to the intercom IP (and set an appropriate DynDNS URL in the external video stream in the intercom function block). Unfortunately, this also has the undesired effect of facing the GDS3710 admin login screen towards the internet. It's just a username and password away from someone accessing all the intercom settings.

I feel RemoteConnect 'should' be able to do this without port forwarding. The Loxone 'Door Controller' instructions say the following -

URL video stream (external)
URL for video stream
e.g.:http://clouddns:8090/mjpg/video.mjpg
The keyword 'clouddns' is used as a placeholder for the external IP address of the Miniserver
and is dynamically replaced by our apps and the web interface.
Please note that in order to access the camera image remotely it is required to set up port forwarding on your router.
Please adjust the port (8090 in above example).
On the second generation Miniserver the keyword 'remoteConnect' can be used to access via Remote Connect without port forwarding.

What settings do people have for video intercom and Loxone RemoteConnect?