No Street Sweeping for months

Kendall Willets

Oct 16, 2015, 2:43:19 PM10/16/15
to Brown, Vallie (BOS), lowerhaightorg, shawn riney

It's been at least since the sewer construction; the whole 300 block of Haight looks like a sandlot.  I've filed multiple 311 requests with no result.

David Holloway

Oct 16, 2015, 3:12:32 PM10/16/15
to lowerha...@googlegroups.com, Brown, Vallie (BOS), shawn riney

This reminds me... Has anyone else seen an increase in mice and rats over the last few months?  I had a vermin expert out and he said there's often an increase in vermin due to large scale construction.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 11:43 AM, Kendall Willets <ken...@willets.org> wrote:

It's been at least since the sewer construction; the whole 300 block of Haight looks like a sandlot.  I've filed multiple 311 requests with no result.

Kendall Willets

Oct 16, 2015, 3:55:51 PM10/16/15
to lowerhaightorg, Brown, Vallie (BOS), shawn riney
We have a ton.  I have rat bait on order since one jumped out of the trash while I was putting it out.

David Holloway

Oct 16, 2015, 4:00:02 PM10/16/15
to lowerha...@googlegroups.com, Brown, Vallie (BOS), shawn riney

I'm pretty anti-rat-bait personally. Mechanical traps, plugging access holes, and eliminating food/water sources seemed to have done the trick for me.

David Holloway

Oct 16, 2015, 4:12:39 PM10/16/15
to Brown, Vallie (BOS), lowerha...@googlegroups.com, shawn riney

That'd be great Vallie. Thank you!

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 1:10 PM, Brown, Vallie (BOS) <vallie...@sfgov.org> wrote:

Hi David, ugh, we always have problems with vermin during these construction projects.

I’ll ask DPW to have the contractors do abatement.

Kendall Willets

Oct 23, 2015, 1:08:39 PM10/23/15
to Brown, Vallie (BOS), lowerhaightorg, shawn riney
Update:  The sweeper did come by this morning, but there seems to be a middle strip where the brushes and vacuum don't reach or pick up the sand and gravel, so it just stays there week after week.

The vehicle-based loiterers moved right in after the sweep; they seem to be camping here.  No permit enforcement of course.