Please protest the removal of mature trees

Robert Bregoff

Apr 18, 2016, 12:22:44 AM4/18/16
to Lower Haight List

It's bad enough that we lost Bean There cafe after 21 years, but now the building owner has asked the city for permission to remove the mature, healthy trees that surround the building at Waller/Steiner claiming that they are hazardous and are breaking the sidewalk. Both allegations are completely false.
I'm not a big ficus tree fan, but these are huge, mature trees that have great structure and have been well cared-for. We suspect that he doesn't want to pay to maintain these trees, which require thinning every couple years.
There is a hearing on Monday the 25th (Monthly on 4th Monday - see forwarded message below) that you can attend to protest the property owner's petition.
You can also send an e-mail to urbanf...@sfdpw.org, and our supe:london...@sfgov.org to register a protest.

From SFDPW: You may contact the senior clerk, Sun Yi, if you wish to attend the hearing. The hearings are on the 4th Monday of the month at 5:30. This will likely be in the April hearing. Ask for details and location
Susan Nawbary
Urban Forestry Inspector