[LCCH] Asheville, N.C.

Ron

May 11, 2010, 2:02:30 AM5/11/10
to Low Cost Community Housing
I visited Asheville a few days ago to check out some property that a
realtor that I have been in communication with thought would be
appropriate. I was especially intrigued with one of the properties -
here are some details of it and what I am thinking.

* It is 6 lots together at the end of a dead end street backing up
to a wooded ravine - one lot has a small older home.
* Located in West Asheville - an artsy, progressive, and eclectic
area with good cross section of economic diversity.
* Zoning will allow one main house with studio apartment (attached
or in auxiliary building) on each lot
* I envision small houses (700 - 800 sq.ft.) with unfinished area
in basement that could be extra room for family needs
* I also envision an auxiliary building for 200 - 400 sq. ft.
studio apartment that is available for renters interested in community
* The project will be designed creatively, green certified,
affordable, and will be a good investment - hoping to keep each lot
with houses at $200,000
* I would like a commitment to holistic thinking with healthy
communication as a core value
* I would like community to be intentional - yet light. I would
like to use Sociocracy to help decision making.
* Although I have vision and interest as a developer, anyone
getting involved at beginning will have opportunity to help shape the
initial community structure and house design.
* I do need at least one person to invest (besides myself) in
order for this to be doable. This is a great opportunity to help
create an affordable model.

I am sure there is much more to communicate but this is a start.
Please let me know any questions for clarification - also let me know
if you are interested. Time is of the essence since I will be making a
contingent offer soon.

Ron

Jul 1, 2010, 1:00:08 PM7/1/10
to Low Cost Community Housing
I just wanted to update this and let people know I have an accepted
offer on the property I have been looking at. If anyone is interested
and would like a copy of the concept proposal, let me know. Also, I
will be in the Asheville area next week for about 10 days - I would
love to get together with anyone about this or other ideas on
affordable community in the area.

Ron