Green Drinks: Theme on Housing, Monday 16th April

Catrina Pickering, COIN

Apr 11, 2012, 7:54:36 AM4/11/12
to Low Carbon East Oxford
Our next social meet is on Monday, 16th April, in Kings Arms, 6.30
onwards.

The evening will kick-start with a discussion on housing, and then
pure socializing, from 7.30 onwards. To whet your appetite... in the
first hour we'll be exploring solutions to address the fact that the
UK's worst carbon emission issue is leakage from winter heating. How
can we move on from this situation? How come Sweden has such a
different profile?

We will be in the Wadham Room, on the left as you enter the Kings
Arms. We have the room to ourselves so it's quiet. There's pub food
available for the hungry and a good range of beers.http://
www.youngs.co.uk/pub-detail.asp?PubID=420 For any queries please
call 07917391156 (Adam).

Looking forward to seeing you there

Daniel
and the rest of the Green Drinks Team: Maxi, Adam, Sarah

http://twitter.com/greendrinksox

PS If you have ideas for discussion topics around the housing theme
then drop us a line. For example,

- What are the environmental implications of meeting housing needs by
increased supply or redistribution
- Are we equipped to build zero carbon housing
- Are we equipped to refit to zero carbon standards

Contributions from those experiencing some housing need, or with
knowledge of the National Policy Planning Framework and/or Green Deal
would be welcome.

PPS If you have ideas for a theme for a Green Drinks evening then
again drop us a line.
Green Drinks movement

Green Drinks is an informal networking and discussion event for
anyone interested or working in environment, sustainability, climate
change and any other related fields. The idea is to meet once a month
over a few drinks to chat and exchange ideas with other
environmentally like minded people. Green drinkers may come from many
different walks of life, but with a common interest in environmental
issues. This is part of a global initiative more and more information
about this can be found at www.greendrinks.org