Fw: Thoroughbred Persian brother and sister need a special home

Rosalie

Jun 30, 2008, 5:23:02 PM6/30/08
to Animal Group Group

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 9:46 AM
Subject: Thoroughbred Persian brother and sister need a special home

From: Mandy Hawkins [mailto:ma...@isretail.co.za]
Sent: 27 June 2008 01:34 PM
To: Mandy Hawkins

 Hi  All

Please take the time to forward this on URGENTLY to as many people as possible......Western Cape!!

These 2 beautiful  Persian cats came up for adoption in November last year as their owners were emigrating, I was so thorough with there home checks and the couple that I eventually placed them with I thought was the perfect home, a newly married couple who had just bought a lovely safe home.....I kept in touch with the people and they were wonderful with the cats, however about a month ago I had this horrible feeling about these 2 and decided to go and check on them, I went there a few times only to get no answer at home, this made me very nervous, I eventually got hold of the lady who informed me that she got a job in JHB and has been living there since Feb this year, her in laws were staying in the house with the cats but 3 months ago decided they did not want to stay there anymore so the cats have been living in an empty house for the last 3 month ALONE just being fed every day, at 1st they did not want to let the cats go but finally they have changed their mind and are willing to part with them....I would like to find them a home ASAP before they change their minds again.....I am having sleepless nights over these 2.

Shah and Cinders are 5 years old (Tortie girl and black boy) and are TRULY the sweetest cats, I pop in to groom and love them a bit sometimes, they are unfortunately very nervous around small children and I don't think they will cope with dogs....they have always been the only 2 cats so it would be ideal for them to go to a home where they will be the only 2, they are also fed on Hills alternated with Royal Canin and I would like for them to remain on that diet, unfortunately these cats can not go to a flat as they are both used to a garden (safe with walls around the premises) I know the orders are tall but they have been through SO much and now they have to move AGAIN I am just wanting to make it as easy as possible for them...I have 20 years experience with this breed and although they are VERY sensitive they are the most beautiful natured creatures and my heart just melts when I come in contact with 1......I wish I could own them all.

So if you think you can truly open your heart and SAFE home and love these 2 babies and are dedicated enough to groom them  then please give me a call urgently on 083 2694304 or email me on ma...@isretail.co.za

Home checks will be done.

Thank you.

Mandy

Breed Profile: Persian

Persian

Pictured: Best of Breed GC, BW, NW MELOSITOS WHITE OWL OF D'EDEN LOVER, Copper-Eyed White Persian Male
Photo: © Chanan

As the dusty desert caravans wound their way westward from Persia and Iran, it is supposed that secreted among the rare spices and jewels on the basket-laden camels was an even more precious cargo, an occasional longhair cat. They were called Persian for their "country of origin," but hieroglyphic references as early as 1684 B.C. shroud forever their exact beginnings.

Persians, with their long flowing coats and open pansy-like faces are the number one breed in popularity. Their sweet, gentle, personalities blend into most households once they feel secure in their new environment. Creatures of habit, they are most at home in an atmosphere of security and serenity, but with love and reassurance, can easily adapt to the most boisterous of households. Their quiet, melodious voices are pleasant and non-abrasive. They communicate delightfully with their large expressive eyes and make charming pets for all ages. Persians have short heavily-boned legs to support their broad, short bodies. They like to have their feet firmly planted and are not given to high jumping and climbing. Playful but never demanding, they love to pose and will drape themselves in a favorite window or chair, enhancing the decor in much the same way as a treasured painting. Persians are tremendously responsive and become a constant source of joy and delight to their owners. Pleasurable as an unexpected sunbeam, their companionship is close and enduring.

Their long flowing coats require an indoor, protected environment. Proper maintenance requires a daily run-through with a metal comb to eliminate the potential drawbacks of tangles and hairballs. An occasional bath, attempted only after a complete comb-through and clipping of the nail tips, will keep the coat clean, healthy and beautiful. It is wise to establish the routine of the bath when they are young. While the white Persian has long been the darling of photographers and advertisers.

Checked by AVG.

image001.gif
Shah&Cinders.jpg
Cinders (2).jpg