TWO GINGER CATS FOR ADOPTION

Shirley

Sep 2, 2007, 3:08:04 PM9/2/07
to Moonshadow, Mercy Animal Rescue, mi...@polka.co.za, sharon sinclair, hirea...@gomail.co.za, Dr. Jaqueline Schulte-Zurhausen PhD, kerry, timothy van minnen, Tanya, Tracey Kirkpatrick, Andre' Jansen, Carol L. Burgers, Culinary Artist, Sharon Childes, charmaine, che...@tbcs.co.za, Rose Korber Art, animal-righ...@googlegroups.com, paula, Paula Ollewagen, Brian & Vanessa Patterson, da...@orbital.co.za, phow...@absamail.co.za, Margot Jensen, Rosalie

Hi All,

As some of you know, I’m moving at the end of November to Pietermaritzburg.  As I’m taking my own animals with me, I’ve had to agree to find homes for those animals I’ve been fostering – like the two ginger cats.

I’ve had them since December – both the mommy and “baby” were found at a factory somewhere in CT and given to me.  I’ve had both of them sterilised through the Blaauwberg Animal Trust  and they have their own “vet books”.  Both are beautiful cats and if my circumstances were different, I would love to have taken them with me.

Mommy is smallish, loves to eat and sleep.  She is a bit timid with a tendency to be shy and sometimes needs a bit of coaxing until she is used to a person, enjoys affection but is not a lap cat and can sometimes be a bit aloof – until feeding time and then she is your best friend!  She  has become used to my dogs and is fine with all the other cats, and has a very strong bond with her “baby” which is why I would ideally not like to separate them and would prefer that they be rehomed together if possible.

“Baby” is very outgoing and extroverted, playful and very friendly, loves attention and affection, he is quite a bit bigger than his mother and also loves feeding time.  He is very confident, loves people, dogs and cats and loves his mom too!  He loves exploring outside and his mother will often watch what he does and then when she realises that all is “ok” will then follow and copy him.  At the moment, he unfortunately is trying out “hunting” birds, so far has not been successful, as when I see what he’s trying to do, I spoil the fun by warning the birds.

They are both quite homely cats and stay within my home and garden, so are not the wandering type who disappear for days on end.

If you would like to know more or want to adopt them, please contact me and come and visit them and also forward this email on to anyone who might like to offer these two a good and loving home before I relocate.

Thanks,

Shirley

(021) 557-8593/084 557 8693

image001.jpg