Fw: Pawprint

Rosalie

Nov 3, 2007, 6:36:06 AM11/3/07
to Animal Group Group

Pawprint header

Dear rosa,

In this month's Pawprint, listen to our petcast about keeping your pet safe during firework season, find out how to cultivate happy rabbit relationships and learn about the work of our volunteer education speakers. Plus, much more...

Happy reading from the Pawprint team!

You have previously given us your email address and shown an interest in our animal welfare work, so we hope you enjoy these updates. However, if you do not wish to receive further emails from us,
 click here.

Petcasts

Does your pet fear fireworks?
Firework season can bring misery to Britain's pets. Animals can become so distressed that they can develop phobias, which may lead to behavioural problems. Find out how to protect your pet, and horses too.

News banner

Blue Cross treats puppy attacked by dognappers
Following a vicious attack on a three-month-old puppy, The Blue Cross is urging dog owners to prevent opportunistic thieves targeting their pets.

Veterinary nurse receives award

The Blue Cross's Veterinary Nurse of the Year Award has been presented to Anna Hatchett for her outstanding contribution to animal welfare, both within her veterinary practice and among the local community in Whitby, North Yorkshire.

Vet clinic reaches out to more pets
Six months after the introduction of a vet clinic at The Blue Cross animal adoption centre in Lewknor, Oxfordshire, we can announce that the weekly clinic will now extend its reach to a wider area.

All About Pets banner

Animals for adoption
Beth (right) is just one of the many pets looking for a new home through our animal adoption centres around the country. Search the adoption pages to find your ideal pet.

Cancer and your cat
Cancer is common in cats, especially as they get older. Find out about the causes,  symptoms, and treatment.

Happy rabbit relationships
Rabbits are naturally sociable creatures, that enjoy companionship, preferring to live in pairs or compatible groups. However, it is good to bear in mind some issues when introducing rabbits to each other and into your home.

Fundraising small banner

Exciting fundraising challenges
There are many ways to have fun and raise funds for The Blue Cross. Why not book your spot on one of our active challenges in 2009, either with a horse trek in Ecuador, or following the husky trail in Lapland?

Search the web and raise funds for The Blue Cross
Our web search is simple to use. On average, a person makes forty searches a month, and by using our web search, this could equate to almost £50 per year raised for The Blue Cross. Simply search as you would with any other search engine. Why not set this as your
homepage, or add to your favourites?

Other ways to help subhead

Education speakers
Our Blue Cross education volunteers visit primary schools, youth groups and nurseries to speak to children about responsible pet ownership. Why not organise a Blue Cross talk at your school or group?
Read about how one volunteer, Anthony Nevett, and his dog help school children with their reading.

Paw Draw raffle
It's not too late to send in your ticket stubs or buy more tickets for our Christmas draw. The money raised will make a difference to the lives of pets in our care.

Christmas shopping helps pets
Get your Christmas gifts at our online shopping mall. Remember, each time you buy here The Blue Cross will receive a commission which will help our work caring for animals.

Head office address

web search Donate Adopt an animal

If you have friends who love animals too and
might be interested in our animal welfare work,
please forward Pawprint to them.

If you cannot read this email, please click here.

blue header plain

Checked by AVG Free Edition.