Looking for a radio interview of KT

DEREK Phillips

Apr 19, 2021, 1:55:21 PM4/19/21
to Love-Hounds
 Hi everybody.

I've been a KT fan since I was a spot-ridden 13-year-old, following her from Wuthering to Before the Dawn.

I'm deperately searching for a radio interview that Kate recorded for the "end of year" show on Radio 1 on 31st December 1979.  During that interview she played many of her influences (Donovan, Kate & Anna McGarrigle etc.).

Once piece really stood out - a blend of "Allegri Missireri" and the Muslim Call to Prayer  - a wonderful juxtaposition of two stunning pieces of music which complemented each other perfectly.

I had this on a C90 cassette until ~ 2010, and then the tape gave up - I didn't have the foresight to re-record it.

Does anybody have / know where I can re-discover this interiview, PLEASE????

Peter

Apr 19, 2021, 3:03:54 PM4/19/21
to love-...@googlegroups.com

Go to the Kate Bush News website and find the HomeGround audio archive for 1979. Both programmes are there.

Sent from my Xperia™ by Sony smartphone

---- DEREK Phillips wrote ----

Karen Newcombe

Apr 19, 2021, 5:49:33 PM4/19/21
to love-...@googlegroups.com
Also the transcript is on Gaffaweb:

http://gaffa.org/reaching/ir80_pg1.html

Sent from my iPhone

DEREK Phillips

Apr 20, 2021, 3:28:54 AM4/20/21
to love-...@googlegroups.com

THANK YOU!  I never thought I would find this again - I cannot thank you enough for guiding me here.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Love-Hounds" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/love-hounds/db3tob3ggmugl5snf51vuvr7.1618859024010%40email.android.com.

DEREK Phillips

Apr 20, 2021, 3:29:49 AM4/20/21
to love-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Karen

I'm just listening to "part 1" of the recording that Peter directed me to - I'll jump across to Gaffaweb in a while and pick up the transcript as well.

Thank you for your support :-)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Love-Hounds" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/love-hounds/FD7D514E-FD54-4140-ADCB-F97C073378C6%40writebank.com.

Peter

Apr 23, 2021, 1:57:58 PM4/23/21
to love-...@googlegroups.com

You're welcome. In due course we'll be putting more stuff in the archive.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/love-hounds/CA%2B_EU%3DrMZ7wD%2BB4WsehD6pkHS%2Ba9xrocYZPhTGZOSEVXwxfBOw%40mail.gmail.com.