Finding random KaTe mentions in unexpected places

Van Smith

Mar 23, 2021, 2:37:58 PM3/23/21
to Love-Hounds
So I am reading a book, "The Bourne Objective" by Eric Van Lustbader (pub. 2010).  I reach Chapter 7, and it began thusly:

"Time for me to go," Bourne said.  "We should both get some sleep."

"I don't want to go to sleep," Chrissie said and, with a bleak smile, sang, "Bad dreams in the night."

< I immediately get a chill reading that, already getting stunned by surprise :)  >

She cocked her head inquiringly.  "KaTe Bush.  Do you know her songs?"

"That's from 'Wuthering Heights,' isn't it?"       <yeah right, Bourne would know that lolol>

"Yes, my daughter, Scarlett, is a big fan.  Not much KaTe Bush up at Oxford, I can tell you."

....anyway, that was the entire sudden reference in the book.  Kind of made my day.

Van

Douglas Alan

Mar 23, 2021, 2:59:32 PM3/23/21
to love-...@googlegroups.com
It's too bad you can't thumbs up an email in this day and age!

|>ouglas

Karen Newcombe

Mar 23, 2021, 4:11:33 PM3/23/21
to love-...@googlegroups.com

That’s a nice surprise. Van Lustbader is on Twitter if you want to say anything to him about it, the place is a hotbed of authors!