Our proudly lovdbyless powered social network

Seb

Jul 24, 2010, 3:48:54 AM7/24/10
to Lovd by Less
Hi,

Just to let your know that our new release of our social network for
designers is available.

A lot of minor changes have been made, very easily (the code is just
simple as it should be) and here we are : http://diplomes.etapes.com

Any comments?

Imran Anwar

Jul 24, 2010, 12:07:44 PM7/24/10
to lovdb...@googlegroups.com
Nicely done.

Would love to see someone post an FAQ on how to best use html/css etc. to give LBL based sites unique designs.

Imran

> --
> Who loves ya baby?

Steven Bristol

Jul 26, 2010, 7:58:18 AM7/26/10
to lovdb...@googlegroups.com

The site looks great! Congratulations on launch and good job!

(One small note, on the edit profile page at the bottom, I clicked
"No" for participation and the word disappeared. Might be confusing
for some.)

Cheers,
Steven Brsitol

Steven Bristol

Jul 26, 2010, 8:00:52 AM7/26/10
to lovdb...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 12:07 PM, Imran Anwar <imran...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Nicely done.
>
> Would love to see someone post an FAQ on how to best use html/css etc. to give LBL based sites unique designs.
>
> Imran

Lovd, like many sites, is a basic two column design. Making it look
unique is a matter of choosing fonts, colors, borders, padding,
spacing, and images. Moving the two columns will also make your site
look unique (switching sides, or even making them top/bottom instead
of left right. All of this can be done via css.

cheers,
Steven Bristol

Steven Bristol

Jul 26, 2010, 8:02:47 AM7/26/10
to lovdb...@googlegroups.com

PS the signup email just came and it had html in the subject line:
"<p>your_account</p> Diplomes étudiants étapes:"

cheers,
steve

Sébastien Augereau

Jul 26, 2010, 8:34:31 AM7/26/10
to lovdb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for feedback.

Actually, the code behin LBL is REALLY clean and simple. So it should not be too complicated to put your own design on it.
We choose a 2 cols design for simplicity.

Our CSS files are really far from the originals one, just because we wanted to create our own unique design.

Anyway, Lovd is probably one of the most nice project i used to work.
For those who doubt, just give it a try

Seb

Imran Anwar

Jul 26, 2010, 10:55:49 AM7/26/10