How I got lovd to run using RVM

Nung Bedell

Jul 28, 2012, 12:06:12 AM7/28/12
to lovdb...@googlegroups.com
So I finally got lovd by less to run.  Albeit I am using older rails and gems, my goal was to get it to run.

Here is my spec:

Ruby 1.8.7 running Rails 2.2.2 using MySql 5.1.63 x86 64bit on Mac OS 10.7.4
rubygems 1.3.7

This is the gemset I used, and no gem in Global gemset

actionmailer (2.2.2)
actionpack (2.2.2)
activerecord (2.2.2)
activeresource (2.2.2)
activesupport (2.2.2)
hpricot (0.6.164)
mime-types (1.19)
mysql (2.8.1)
rails (2.2.2)
rake (0.8.6)
RedCloth (4.2.9)
rflickr (2006.02.01)
rmagick (2.13.1)
rubygems-update (1.3.7)

This combination of RVM, Ruby, Rails, MySQL, and rubygems is very very important to getting lovd to run and the migration to complete properly.  I even tried MySql 5.5 which yielded some really strange errors, and Googled it to find out that the person who posted downgraded to mysql 5.1.

After two weeks of trying to get this to run, I now have it running within RVM