[Lovd by Less] Making progress on install but stuck on rake: command not found

peter19

May 12, 2010, 1:08:06 PM5/12/10
to Lovd by Less
Hi there, I'm not a ror expert but have installed opensource php
social networking apps like elgg with a bit of patience. So now I am
working through the lbless install and I think everything has gone ok
up to the point where it says rake lovdbyless:getting_started.
The error message - command not found would seem to indicate I don't
actually have the abilit yto RAKE anything - is that it?
Or is it that I'm not pointing RAKE at the right thing - there is no
file called getting_started. The nearerst I can find is in lib/
tasks getting_started.rake, and I have tried using cd to navigate
me to the tasks folder and then run the
rake:lovdbyless:getting_started - but no joy. PLEASE can someone
help me out.
Thank you

Who loves ya baby?

Steven Bristol

May 13, 2010, 7:15:45 AM5/13/10
to lovdb...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 3:08 AM, peter19 <pete...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there, I'm not a ror expert but have installed opensource php
> social networking apps like elgg with a bit of patience. So now I am
> working through the lbless install and I think everything has gone ok
> up to the point where it says rake lovdbyless:getting_started.
> The error message - command not found would seem to indicate I don't
> actually have the abilit yto RAKE anything - is that it?
> Or is it that I'm not pointing RAKE at the right thing - there is no
> file called getting_started. The nearerst I can find is in lib/
> tasks    getting_started.rake, and I have tried using cd to navigate
> me to the tasks folder and then run the
> rake:lovdbyless:getting_started   - but no joy. PLEASE can someone
> help me out.
> Thank you

Can you paste the whole stack trace?

cheers,