[Louisiana Genealogy Blog] Smithsonian exibit St. Martinville July 2011

Blogger

Jan 9, 2011, 7:08:00 AM1/9/11
to louisiana-ge...@googlegroups.com
Taken  from the Acadian Memorial News page chere:

May 28 - July 9, 2011
The Smithsonian is coming to St. Martinville!
Share your photos & stories to create part of the exhibition
About the Exhibition and Programming:
The Acadian Memorial Foundation has been selected by the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities as a host organization for the traveling Smithsonian Exhibition Journey Stories, scheduled for display at Maison Duchamp May 28-July 9, 2011.

The Smithsonian Museum on Main Street program describes Journey Stories as using “engaging images with audio and artifacts to tell the individual stories that illustrate the critical roles travel and movement have played in building our diverse American society.”

Our task: Create relevant event programming and develop a portion of the exhibition for display here in St. Martinville. We want to tell our journey stories, the stories of OUR community. Who are the people that settled and shaped this area? How and why did they come? What are the results of their settlement and contributions to the community?

Our Project: Create a slideshow video and book from your photos and text to display at the Journey Stories exhibition in St. Martinville. We want to tell your journey stories and your ancestors’ journey stories. Make an appointment with us between September 1 and November 30, 2010. We will scan your photos; your original photo goes home with you!

How to get your photo(s) and stories into the exhibit:
1) Download, read & use the intake form posted on this website:
2) Call the Acadian Memorial or Steve Comeaux photography to make an appointment or ask questions
3) Come in for an appointment with your photo(s) and stories, typed or written on the back of the form
Read more about Journey Stories on the LEH website, in the "Museum on Main Street" section at www.leh.org/html/museum.html

Stay updated on the St. Martinville Journey Stories project on this website and on www.stmartinville.org
Journey Stories has been made possible in St. Martinville by the Louisiana Endowment for the Humanities.
Journey Stories is part of Museum on Main Street, a collaboration between the Smithsonian Institution and State Humanities Councils nationwide. Support for Museum on Main Street has been provided by the United States Congress.

--
Posted By Blogger to Louisiana Genealogy Blog at 1/09/2011 04:08:00 AM