[Louisiana Genealogy Blog] Searching the VA Burial Locator

Blogger

Jan 7, 2011, 1:03:43 PM1/7/11
to louisiana-ge...@googlegroups.com
The Department of Veterans Affairs maintains electronic copies of applications for government headstones and markers that we processed from December 1996 to present but we have no record of a headstone being issued for Charles Morris.

All applications processed prior to December 1996 have been transferred to the National Archives and Records Administration for safekeeping. You may be able to obtain applications, burial information, service records, and/or pension records by writing to:

National Archives and Records Administration
Old Military and Civil Records
700 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington DC 20408-0001

http://gravelocator.cem.va.gov/j2ee/servlet/NGL_v1

They have added maps.

--
Posted By Blogger to Louisiana Genealogy Blog at 1/07/2011 10:03:00 AM