loudmouth on Windows

Mikki

Apr 8, 2009, 10:21:49 AM4/8/09
to Loudmouth Dev
Hi,
I've made a package for windows based on Siraj's loudmouth-cmake
project (http://github.com/siraj/loudmouthcmake/tree/master).
It's located here: http://loudmouth-dev.googlegroups.com/web/loudmouth-1.4.3-win.zip

Zip contains *.lib, *.pdb and *.dll file for either 32-bit and 64-bit
Windows.

However, I think there aren't all functions included.

Building from source on Windows is quite difficult, so if someone
succeded building it using gcc it would be nice to put it here.

Reimu

Apr 8, 2009, 6:58:06 PM4/8/09
to Loudmouth Dev
I can`t download archive. Google respond what requested page not exist.

siraj

Apr 9, 2009, 7:37:10 AM4/9/09
to Loudmouth Dev
HI,

check : http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Windows you can get the
whole thing to build on windows using cmake.. I'll be happy to hear
some feedback :)

Bye

siraj

Apr 9, 2009, 7:44:34 AM4/9/09
to Loudmouth Dev
HI Mikki.

You can ge the latest changes from http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Windows
instructions. it should be very simple to build this under windows and
get it to work if you follow the instructions on that wiki :)

Bye

Mikki

Apr 9, 2009, 4:40:10 PM4/9/09
to Loudmouth Dev
Hi Siraj,

I've builded that package using your instructions using Visual C, but
I couldn't build using gcc.

The main goal of mine's zip was to give loudmouth "out of the box",
without compiling etc.

Did you tried to build on windows loudmouth 1.5.0?

On Apr 9, 1:44 pm, siraj <sir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Mikki.
>
> You can ge the latest changes fromhttp://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Windows

Mathi

Apr 9, 2009, 8:12:13 PM4/9/09
to Loudmouth Dev
Hi Siraj,

From the Page you had mentioned.
http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Windows

Building Loudmouth on Windows

* git clone git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/siraj/loudmouth_stable.git
* git checkout -b cmake origin/cmake
* cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DOPENSSL_PREFIX=<?> -
DLIB_TYPE=STATIC -DCMAKE_PREFIX=c:\unix2\deps ..
* nmake
* nmake install
* if you need .dll files pass something like -DLIB_TYPE=SHARED
instead of STATIC after this you will get libloudmoth.dll

What does -DCMAKE_PREFIX=c:\unix2\deps .. mean?

Is this the dependencies folder.?

And also how to let cmake know the include directories Because when i
do a "nmake" it throws compilation error for missing glib.h

Thanks,
Mathi.

On Apr 9, 6:44 am, siraj <sir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> HI Mikki.
>
> You can ge the latest changes fromhttp://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Windows

Siraj Razick

Apr 10, 2009, 2:57:57 AM4/10/09
to loudmo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 5:42 AM, Mathi <mathi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Siraj,
Hi Mathi,

> From the Page you had mentioned.
> http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/wiki/Windows
>
> Building Loudmouth on Windows
>
> * git clone git://git.collabora.co.uk/git/user/siraj/loudmouth_stable.git
> * git checkout -b cmake origin/cmake
> * cmake -G "NMake Makefiles" -DOPENSSL_PREFIX=<?> -
> DLIB_TYPE=STATIC -DCMAKE_PREFIX=c:\unix2\deps ..
> * nmake
> * nmake install
> * if you need .dll files pass something like -DLIB_TYPE=SHARED
> instead of STATIC after this you will get libloudmoth.dll
>

> What does -DCMAKE_PREFIX=c:\unix2\deps .. mean?

Yicks .. that's a typo . that should have be -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=<should_point_to_where_you_installed_glib_for_windows>
c:\unix\deps\ is where I have my gib installed
remember to give the prefix. so glib.h would be in
c:\unix\deps\include\glib-2.0\ ... and you only give the prefix
c:\unix\deps\

Siraj Razick

Apr 10, 2009, 3:01:31 AM4/10/09
to loudmo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:10 AM, Mikki <mikola...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Siraj,
>
> I've builded that package using your instructions using Visual C, but
> I couldn't build using gcc.
I didn't try with windows gcc my self, by gcc which environment do you mean ?
cygwin ? mingw ? ...

> The main goal of mine's zip was to give loudmouth "out of the box",
> without compiling etc.
>
> Did you tried to build on windows loudmouth 1.5.0?
the work is in progress :)

Mikki

Apr 10, 2009, 5:55:42 AM4/10/09
to Loudmouth Dev

On Apr 10, 9:01 am, Siraj Razick <sir...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:10 AM, Mikki <mikolaj.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Siraj,
>
> > I've builded that package using your instructions using Visual C, but
> > I couldn't build using gcc.
>
> I didn't try with windows gcc my self,  by gcc which environment do you mean ?
> cygwin ? mingw ? ...

I tried both, cygwin and mingw+msys and something isn't working :/
maybe because I have Vista 64-bit or something....
However, if someone succeded building it, I would be greatfull if he
puts results (dll and lib) here.

Siraj Razick

Apr 10, 2009, 6:42:35 AM4/10/09
to loudmo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 3:25 PM, Mikki <mikola...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 10, 9:01 am, Siraj Razick <sir...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 2:10 AM, Mikki <mikolaj.mi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Siraj,
>>
>> > I've builded that package using your instructions using Visual C, but
>> > I couldn't build using gcc.
>>
>> I didn't try with windows gcc my self, by gcc which environment do you mean ?
>> cygwin ? mingw ? ...
>
> I tried both, cygwin and mingw+msys and something isn't working :/
> maybe because I have Vista 64-bit or something....
> However, if someone succeded building it, I would be greatfull if he
> puts results (dll and lib) here.

ok i'll check this out

Mathi

Apr 10, 2009, 12:06:23 PM4/10/09
to Loudmouth Dev
Hi Siraj,

Thanks. I was able to build using

git://github.com/siraj/loudmouthcmake.git

I excluded asyncns.c when compiling the static library. (due to lots
of compilation errors). I am yet to test the library.

Uploaded the static library
http://www.geocities.com/mathiisalive/LM.zip

I was also able to build a DLL but when i analyzed the dll with DLL
Viewer, i didn't see any exported functions.

I guess we need to have some more changes for building a Dll.
Like DllMain() Function etc.

Thanks,
Mathi.

Thanks,
Mathi.

Siraj Razick

Apr 10, 2009, 12:28:55 PM4/10/09
to loudmo...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 9:36 PM, Mathi <mathi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Siraj,
HI Mattri.

At this point I still recommend you build the binaries with Visual
studio using nmake or the IDE. with the instructions on the wiki..etc.
since we have tested this on xp and vista and loudmouth actually works
ok.

Mikki

Apr 10, 2009, 5:51:10 PM4/10/09
to Loudmouth Dev

On Apr 10, 6:06 pm, Mathi <mathimaa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Siraj,
>
>       Thanks.  I was able to build using
>
>          git://github.com/siraj/loudmouthcmake.git
>
> I excluded asyncns.c  when compiling the static library. (due to lots
> of compilation errors). I am yet to test the library.
>
> Uploaded the static libraryhttp://www.geocities.com/mathiisalive/LM.zip
>
> I was also able to build a DLL but when i analyzed the dll with DLL
> Viewer, i didn't see any exported functions.

Funny, I viewed my dll with visual studio and ddl Export Viewer and it
also didn't show any functions, however programs with this dll work.

Mikki