First Hacker Codejam meetup - September 11th, 2010, 2:00PM

Stever

Aug 29, 2010, 3:07:41 PM8/29/10
to Los Angeles HNers (Hacker News)
Guys,

I started a new programming/hacking meetup for those who want to work
on their side projects in a group environment, Hacker Codejam:
http://www.meetup.com/hacker-codejam/

It's a get-together where we all code for fun on our side projects for
a 4 hour period (more or less). This gives programmers an opportunity
to learn from other programmers, try out a few new ideas and maybe get
some feedback from a fellow hackers. Pair programming is encouraged
and is also a great way to meet people and assess other people's skill
sets.

Benefits for joining:
- nice, open, collaborative environment for programming.
- Plenty of space, beats a cramped coffee house
- find partners for pair programming
- learn from other hackers
- meet potential startup partners

First meeting is on September 11th, 2:00PM. Please join if interested.

Justin Dorfman

Aug 31, 2010, 2:25:14 AM8/31/10
to los-angeles-hn...@googlegroups.com

Has a venue been established?

I could see if we could do it in Santa Monica. Would that be cool?

Regards,

Justin Dorfman
818.485.1458

Sent from my Droid

Stever

Sep 3, 2010, 4:19:22 AM9/3/10
to Los Angeles HNers (Hacker News)
No, I haven't established a place yet, I'm going to be looking
tomorrow and post it up on the meetup soon.

- Stever