    Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:55:15 -0500
    From: Cynthia Way <Cyn...@waytogoconsulting.com>
Subject: [Solcc] SoL Thanks, Update & Ways to Maximize Your Membership
      To: so...@solonline.org

Hi SoL Consultants & Researchers,

This email brings 3 messages:  1) Our Appreciation, 2) SoL Update, and
3) 12 Ways to Maximize Your Membership

I.                OUR APPRECIATION

This message is a big thank you for renewing your membership!  And
special thanks to those who also contributed to the scholarship fund.
While we still haven't heard from a few of you, we hope we can include
you in our thanks soon.

II.             SOL UPDATE

Founding & Global SoL:  The Council for Founding SoL, elected by our
membership, has recently undertaken significant work to link and
structure Founding SoL as part of a Global SoL entity.  This is a
natural evolution of what SoL has become with groups forming around
the world.  For those of you who have attended any of the SoL Global
Forums (the most recent in Oman in April 2008), the global nature of
SoL is quite obvious.

Council Focus:  This design work - conceptual, legal and everything in
between- will be the Council's primary focus for 2009.  Some very
talented, committed leaders from our various communities have
volunteered to lead the work.  Our founder Peter Senge is part of that
team, as is Roger Saillant, former CEO of Plug Power and a founding
active member of the Sustainability Consortium. You will receive more
information  as work gets underway.

In the Meantime: Founding SoL, supported in the USA from by a small
staff in Boston and through various distributed networks, will
continue under the current structures and continue to accept
applications for new members.  Interest in joining SoL continues to
run very high with outstanding applicants for membership every quarter.

Organizational Membership:  Organizations can now join SoL for $5,000.
Yes, there's a zero missing! Organizational membership for $5,000
(five thousand dollars) includes unlimited access to individual member
benefits (web access, Reflections, the above-mentioned virtual
meetings, member discounts to courses and events) as well as special
organization-only virtual meetings.  SoL is doing this as an
experiment in 2009.

III.           12 WAYS TO MAXIMIZE YOUR MEMBERSHIP

1.     Visit the website periodically, where you will find upcoming
events at www.solonline.org.

2.     Read the blog that Sherry Immediato, SoL's Managing Director,
has established at http://blogs.solonline.org/users/immediato/.

3.     Use the Consulting Convergence listserv to communicate among
your fellow researchers and consultants at so...@solonline.org.
(Note:  You can ignore past instructions to use the bcc line and just
put this in the To: line)

4.     Go to the next Consulting Convergence (date to be announced).

5.     Use the SoL Directory located on our website to find others in
your community.

6.     Attend SoL@Night in Boston.

7.     If not in Boston, start a regional SoL@Night.

8.     Join a soon-to-be announced SoL TeleClass or offer to give one.

9.     If you're a coach, join the SoL Coaches Community of Practice
(see website).

10.  Update your on-line profile (or establish it if you haven't yet
done so).

11.  Read Peter Senge's blog at http://blogs.solonline.org/users/psenge/blog/
.

12.  Host a workshop for the SoL Community for expenses only:  An
opportunity to strut your stuff, get feedback, get visibility, and
find potential future partnering opportunities.

Wishing you a year of joy, good health, and good learning!

Warm regards,

Cynthia
Cynthia Way, PCC
Way To Go! Inc.

On Behalf Of the Individual Membership Committee

Ruthann Prange

Cynthia Way

Rita Kowalski

Sheila McGarey