Fwd: [IndiaLO] Report on the 5th LLF meet.

Sheila Damodaran

May 4, 2009, 5:33:42 AM5/4/09
to AsianLearningOrgani...@yahoogroups.com, Botsw...@yahoogroups.com, Ind...@yahoogroups.com, LO...@yahoogroups.com, Sheila...@globalsol.ning.com, lopnv...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

A sharing by India.

Sometimes, I wonder if it is really about  people knowing how to develop their visions as much as people learning to let go of their beliefs that they are not allowed to have visions.  The other includes our sense of helplessness of the current reality.

Till we let go of that belief and our sense of helplessness, it is not easy for our visions to let come, would it?

Thanks Zareer and all for your sharings!  I enjoyed reading it.

Warmly
Sheila Damodaran
Email: dm...@pacific.net.sg
Singapore:  +65-94790526
Botswana:  +267-74780886
LOPN Homepage: http://www.lopn.net
My Homepage: http://www.loatwork.com/aboutme.html

----- Forwarded message from zaree...@gmail.com -----
    Date: Sun, 03 May 2009 15:38:59 -0000
    From: agazareer31 <zaree...@gmail.com>
Subject: [IndiaLO] Report on the 5th LLF meet.
      To: Ind...@yahoogroups.com

Folks,
  Towards the end of the LLF meeting, we thought that it might be more
interesting to present the highlights of the meeting instead of the
takeaways. Do let us know if you find it a more meaningful sharing.
Most of our  discussion revolved around personal mastery and
specifically visioning.
So here are the highlights of today's meeting:

    * We cannot reach a shared vision without individuals in the
organisation having their personal visions.
    * Most people do not know of individual visions and the importance of
the same, they need to be made aware of it.
    * An organisation must invest in personal growth of every individual.
    * How do people develop a vision? Does it clarify, refocus and expand
as we go along?
    * Some people have a vision of a process not a distant goal.
    * We felt that Reiki, NLP, creative visualisation and various
meditations, individually and collectively complement Systems Thinking
specifically Personal Mastery.
    * Can systems thinking help us to be aware of events as they occur and
help us devise a strategy to direct events rather thanreact to events
later.
    * Madhavi Kapur explained how she used Ice Berg to summarise the
school improvement  work that her organisation did in a school. The time
it takes for the intervention in Mental Models of teachers takes to
translate into desired events.
    * Madhavi also explained the use of causal loops made using positive
statetments and its benefits.
    * Grumblers in an organisation - they choose a position of a rebel or
to justify a contrary view that structures are inherently defective. Do
grumblers lack personal vision?
    * Often w do not accept a grumblers point of view since the harder
you push the harder the system pushes back.
    * What makes up the discipline of personal mastery.

A very inetresting and thought provoking evening for the 5 of us. The
participants were:
Niloufer Aga, Kalindi Bhat, Madhavi Kapur, Suneeta Nair, and Zareer Aga.
[:)]

----- End forwarded message -----