Hey everyone, post some stuff!

Runner

Feb 2, 2008, 11:56:57 PM2/2/08
to lopho...@googlegroups.com

I haven't seen anyone post anything for a while... it is Winter right now but a set of grafts seem to like the growth... take a look.

This is my first attempt at sending an image within my message by attaching it, so if it doesn't work please bare with me.

Let me know what you think. One is the earlier series I posted, the other is a twin grafts. Both use the exact same stock and both have scions from the same batch also... the only difference is that the more vigorous and overgrown one iis a 1/5 segment. The other is a full button that partially died at first, hence the missing part and dis-formation of the button.

I love em both..

IMG_4237.jpg
IMG_4263.jpg

Lophophora Blog

Feb 5, 2008, 12:30:32 PM2/5/08
to lopho...@googlegroups.com
Hey Runner,

Nice grafts... most of my plants are dormant all thru winter, so apart from the occasional watering of seedlings not much is happening in my collection.

I soon have to harvest the seeds for the coming sowing season though.

loph_graft.jpg

Runner

Feb 7, 2008, 6:49:15 PM2/7/08
to LOPHOPHORA
Wow nice grafts to you as well! Mine are just simple L.Williamsii, but
I would say that the way the pores on yours have broken it looks like
a caespitose specimen.

Is this true or am I just plain wrong?

I have done one caespitose graft, which I believe has been successful
in uniting but has not experienced any growth since it was done at a
bad time (before winter).

On Feb 5, 12:30 pm, "Lophophora Blog" <lophophora.b...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> loph_graft.jpg
> 380KViewDownload

Lophophora Blog

Feb 8, 2008, 11:24:18 AM2/8/08
to lopho...@googlegroups.com
Actually it's a regular Lophophora williamsii (SB 854; Starr Co, Texas), originally grafted as a seedling. The pupping is induced by the vigorous Trichocereus root stock. The year by year development of the graft can be followed here: http://lophophora.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Power%20of%20Grafting%20Series

I only have one Lophophora williamsii v. caespitosa graft (photo attached). Unfortunately it was recently marked by spider mites, but it should outgrow the damage in one or two seasons. I can't quite decide if I like grafted L. caespitosa; they look kinda out of control ;-) I've documented the growth of this graft here: http://lophophora.blogspot.com/search/label/Exploding%20Lophophora%20Inevitable
loph_caespitosa.jpg