please help!!

><

Jun 11, 2009, 8:33:12 AM6/11/09
to LOPHOPHORA
here is a link of my lophophora ----> http://img32.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=034gcx.jpg
COULD YOU PLEASE TELL ME IF THE CACTUS ITS HEALTHY? before I repot it
it wasnt so tall and didnt have so much hair. After I repot it I think
it got taller plus the hair grew a lot. Anyways I got a feeling that
the cactus is a bit rot but I m not so sure cause Its my first one.
please help. I dont want to loose it. Thanks in advance

Eugene Vasin

Jun 11, 2009, 10:22:08 AM6/11/09
to lopho...@googlegroups.com
No , dear, it does not look like rot. This is metabolic spots on the plant.
For sure you plant has lack of sun - it tends to grow taller than wider.
I would like to see than spot again zoomed - could you take off soil around
it to let me see deeper?
Eugene

><

Jun 11, 2009, 10:59:17 AM6/11/09
to LOPHOPHORA
here is onother link --> http://img196.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=87663101.jpg
I took it out from the pot, I hope this is more helpfull. I bought it
when it was 2 years old and I kept it in the original pot for 2 more
years, maybe a bit more. it looked fine even when I repoted it in a
bigger pot. I got it in a bigger pot since end of March. To be honest
I live with my girlfriend and sometimes she opens the curtain. you see
here is mostly sunny. Thanks a lot man and I hope you help me a bit
with it cause I dont wanna loose it . If you want more pics, just
ask.
> please help. I dont want to loose it. Thanks in advance- Απόκρυψη κειμένου σε παράθεση -
>
> - Εμφάνιση κειμένου σε παράθεση -

$claws

Jun 20, 2009, 5:29:56 PM6/20/09
to LOPHOPHORA
Hi,

You have a healthy plant there although you might be feeding/watering
it too much? Of course plants will grow faster and sprout tufts when
repotted since the new soil will be relatively nutrient rich. As for
the plant itself I believe it is the Decipiens or Texenis variety and
not Williamsii. Not certain but fairly confident it is not the latter
type. Not that it matters- another year or two and you will have a
baeutifully mature plant- look after it!

Sclaws

ps I can send images to confirm my opinion if you like.