seedlings turned white

steve

Apr 27, 2008, 6:21:16 AM4/27/08
to LOPHOPHORA
I am new to this group.
When my seedlings reached a size of about 1 cm, they started to turn
white for some reason. I have them under fluorescent lights, and as
far as I know, they are not getting too much light. Any ideas what
could be causing this?

Thanks,
Steve

Lophophora Blog

May 5, 2008, 3:22:36 PM5/5/08
to LOPHOPHORA
Hi Steve and welcome.

Just a couple of thoughts. Are your plants turning completely white
(albino, no chlorophyll) or a pale yellowish green? If the latter is
the case your plants might suffer from nutrient deficiencies and a
good fertilizer might do the trick.

Are your fluorescent lights emitting an appropriate electromagnetic
spectrum for plant growth? If not, it might help to move the plants
into natural light for a period of time.

Do you by any chance have any photos of the plants?