If I cut a bite ?

><

Apr 14, 2009, 2:02:33 PM4/14/09
to LOPHOPHORA
I got a 4,5 year cactus and I wanna ask if I cut a bit from the botton
what will happen to the rest of the cactus?

><

Apr 14, 2009, 2:08:20 PM4/14/09
to LOPHOPHORA
* just curious! peace

Eugene Vasin

Apr 14, 2009, 2:12:41 PM4/14/09
to lopho...@googlegroups.com
Plant will die. Lophophora is extreme susceptible to infections. For the
best ( if you have spot of decaying plant near the root) you need to
remove it from soil, rinse well with warm water, dry up for 2 days in
shadow.
Then make a "surgical" removing of decaying part, spread sulfur powder at
the cut. Dry plant for more than a week. Check if operated site is clean and
firm. Plant it in clean soil. Start to water only from bottom of the pot (
drainage hole) and very accurate. Plant usually comes back to life in a
month. This is very serious procedure.
Eugene

lophoph...@gmail.com

Apr 14, 2009, 2:36:29 PM4/14/09
to LOPHOPHORA
I agree with Eugene - don't cut your plant unless you really have to.