L. Williamsii Graft

Runner

Oct 1, 2007, 10:23:57 PM10/1/07
to LOPHOPHORA
I just added a little bit to the "G" series of images.
THis is by far my most beautiful success so far. It is a 1/5th of a
L.Williamsii button grafted onto a cheap home depot cactus I think
might be a Cereus Peruv.

Difficult to obtain a unison, and not by any means ideal, the other
4/5 segments dried off. Grafts which DO take however, are spectacular.

Sort the pics by name so they line up in order, the best way to view
is through a slideshow, like a flip-book.

This cactus had a sister stock which had a while L.Williamsii grafted
onto it. 1/3 of the button died and dried. The stock produced 8 pups I
had to sever. But finally it started breaking an aerole 3 days ago.
The photos will follow when it starts!

Enjoy!

Runner

Oct 1, 2007, 10:30:16 PM10/1/07
to LOPHOPHORA
There is also the graph showing the growth diameter vs. time for the
specimen, with a noticable trend for the 1st 2 pups