Lophophora Williamsii growing tall

Kevin Rising

Sep 23, 2009, 1:59:01 PM9/23/09
to LOPHOPHORA
Hi, i currently have about 200 Lophophora Williamsii seedlings growing
which are about 3 months old. I am concerned that they are are mostly
growing tall and skinny. I have heard of problems due to lack of light
but they receive natural daylight in a bright room but not in direct
sunlight. I also have some growing under grow lights but apear to have
the same problem. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
.

Half Nakai

Sep 23, 2009, 6:14:23 PM9/23/09
to LOPHOPHORA
Mine came in tall and then plumped out at the ends after a while.
It's my first time growing them from seed. I have mine out on the
porch in shade. They didn't poke out until late in July. I'm worried
about mine,.

lophoph...@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2009, 6:50:44 AM9/29/09
to LOPHOPHORA
Seedlings growing tall and skinny definitely sounds like they are
getting too little light. Depending on where you live, indirect
sunlight (filtered through glass) might not be sufficient to avoid
etiolation. I live in a northern climate (Denmark) and always expose
my seedlings to as much direct sunlight as possible (if the seedlings
assume a reddish hue they are getting sunburned and should be moved to
a more shady area).