music player rootfs

m4D

Nov 10, 2010, 2:34:12 PM11/10/10
to Loox7xxport
I think it's very-very sad that linux isn't *really* usable on loox
yet...

Also, there was info, that loox had one of the best audio-chips
(wm8750) of it's good-times.

So here's a quite useable rootfs, including MOC (Music on Console,
googleit) player. I made it quite a long time ago, so feel free to
modify&improve it. Based on cleaned arm-fedora10(?12?) rootfs, build
with it's compiler.

link: rapidshare.com/files/430029953/loox720_moc.7z
pass: Loox4ever_

Key features:
- flac decoding (libflac powered);
- alsa-mixer can be launched from under MOC - so L-R channel balance
adjust is possible (actually this was the thing all was about - there
are no players with such feature for wince, yet :);
- turning off screen (?right-side button i.e. "snd recorder"? - i
forgot :);
- no power-off but ?"a reset" button? - a good starting point for
improvement;
- ?home dir - is /mnt/win - a first win32 partition on sd?.

Install:
- as usual, haret included. Just make a small ext2 ~15mb (or ?reiserfs
~32mb? - see kernel support) partition to fit rootfs, and a big one
fat32 - for haret & music files.

p.s. check moc's config (?/root/.moc/keymap?) for button-mapping.
p.p.s. don't forget to backup your wince stuff.
p.p.p.s. provided "as is".

jan rinze

Nov 10, 2010, 4:21:15 PM11/10/10
to loox7...@googlegroups.com
Hi m4D,

2010/11/10 m4D <cmd4...@inbox.ru>

I think it's very-very sad that linux isn't *really* usable on loox
yet...

Audio works, could you be more specific? I know Dmitriy has taken a lot of time to get things working.

Also, there was info, that loox had one of the best audio-chips
(wm8750) of it's good-times.

So here's a quite useable rootfs, including MOC (Music on Console,
googleit) player. I made it quite a long time ago, so feel free to
modify&improve it. Based on cleaned arm-fedora10(?12?) rootfs, build
with it's compiler.

link: rapidshare.com/files/430029953/loox720_moc.7z
pass: Loox4ever_

if it is small enough i might be able to put it on the downloads section.

Key features:
- flac decoding (libflac powered);
- alsa-mixer can be launched from under MOC - so L-R channel balance
adjust is possible (actually this was the thing all was about - there
are no players with such feature for wince, yet :);
- turning off screen (?right-side button i.e. "snd recorder"? - i
forgot :);
- no power-off but ?"a reset" button? - a good starting point for
improvement;

The sleep function is there in the latest kernel. Mapping the button to sleep has some issues with X so it should run a script to switch terminals before sleeping. I need to do some digging to find the script etc. that i used.

- ?home dir - is /mnt/win - a first win32 partition on sd?.

Install:
- as usual, haret included. Just make a small ext2 ~15mb (or ?reiserfs
~32mb? - see kernel support) partition to fit rootfs,  and a big one
fat32 - for haret & music files.

p.s. check moc's config (?/root/.moc/keymap?) for button-mapping.
p.p.s. don't forget to backup your wince stuff.
p.p.p.s. provided "as is".

Thanks :-)

Jan Rinze.

Harald Radke

Nov 15, 2010, 11:53:33 AM11/15/10
to loox7...@googlegroups.com
Am Mittwoch, 10. November 2010, um 22:21:15 schrieb jan rinze:
> Hi m4D,
>
> 2010/11/10 m4D <cmd4...@inbox.ru>
>
> > I think it's very-very sad that linux isn't *really* usable on loox
> > yet...
>
> Audio works, could you be more specific? I know Dmitriy has taken a lot of
> time to get things working.
We had a working sound system on the Loox, including headphone
detection...unfortunatly I never came around to finish the mixer adjustments in
order to get a more appropriate interface (not all devices of the WM8750 sound
chip)...(LOL, peeking at the source of loox7xx.c in the sound/soc/pxa/ dir I
didn't even adjusted the module info *g*).

Hoever, sound as described at http://postnuklear.de/linuxloox/linuxloox.html
should kinda work.

Harry