Thanks and and a question

Henrik Jordahn

Feb 6, 2011, 3:11:34 PM2/6/11
to Loox7xxport
Hello all you good developers

Thank you for your efforts, it is great to see some life on the loox
again, it has led a very quiet existence since I got my HTC Tattoo.
Things are up and running, to some extent, seems the loox is not that
well equipped for the task, especially the browser seem sluggish at
times.
I was wondering if anyone had had any success in installing market? I
will continue googling for it, I think there was also a link over at
xda-developers that might give some good hints.

One task I would really like to use the loox for is as a remote for an
XBMC machine in the living room, having speakers in other rooms the
remote feature is really nice to have for control ;-)

Henrik

jan rinze

Feb 6, 2011, 3:22:10 PM2/6/11
to loox7...@googlegroups.com
Hi Henrik,

The speed seems to be slow due to the debug build of Andoid.
Hopefully we will get an optimized version too :-)

Jan Rinze.

Henrik Jordahn

Feb 6, 2011, 3:55:05 PM2/6/11
to loox7...@googlegroups.com
I will indeed keep an eye on this and check out the releases as they come, at least I can help out on the testing part of the process, if not the actual development.

Henrik

Martin

Feb 6, 2011, 5:41:34 PM2/6/11
to Loox7xxport
Hi Henrik

it is possible to install market (I had it on my Loox, but removed it
from the binaries I put up because it is non-free copyrighted by
Google). If you google for "Android Market on Emulator", you will find
numerous pages with instructions on how install market, just be sure
to use instructions for Android 2.2 (sorry, I don't remember the URL
of the page I used, but it is as simple as getting two files
(Vending.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk) from a dumped 2.2 rom
and putting them into systems/app/ in your Android root filesystem).

Martin

Martin

Feb 7, 2011, 2:56:31 AM2/7/11
to Loox7xxport
Henrik,

I found that page again, I used the instructions at

http://anythingsimple.blogspot.com/2010/09/how-to-use-android-market-on-android.html

You can also get the apk files from there. Since apk files are
hardware independent, these instructions work for all Android
platforms, not only for the emulator.

Martin

Dmitriy Geels

Feb 7, 2011, 8:30:32 AM2/7/11