Further development of loox 720

Alexander Tarasikov

Nov 14, 2010, 5:58:06 PM11/14/10
to Loox7xxport
Hello here. I am working on cleaning up the loox720 code, with the
possibility of future integration into the mainline tree. Right now
i'm working on the 2.6.34 kernel port.If you are interested, please do
reply, so that i can share the patches and we can set up a repository
either on gitorious or on linuxtogo/htc-linux.org.

So far, i have made the 2.6.34 kernel boot, migrated the CPLD to the
htc-egpio driver and added the support for SD/MMC and USB. Next on my
list is sound and the rest of the hardware. The only thing that
puzzles me is the touchscreen controller. Let me know if any of you
got it working with the mainline linux driver and share your
observations.

Also, what do you guys think of wikifying all the loox info on the htc-
linux.org wiki and working together on building the rootfs? My plans
include building a debian rootfs and forking XDANDROID or CyanogenMod
for android.

Harald Radke

Nov 16, 2010, 1:30:27 AM11/16/10
to loox7...@googlegroups.com

First of all: nice going! (: I guess Jan would be the right one to discuss any
code synching, AFAIK he is in the process of bring the hold HH kernel with all
Loox modifications uptodate...

BTW. any ideas how far the acx100 driver got all long, somebody? it would be
nice to have a fully working WIFI on the Loox after all this years

Harry