Touchscreen?

Florin

Nov 10, 2010, 12:25:55 PM11/10/10
to Loox7xxport
Hi guys,
Congratulation for yours work.
I compiled the kernel from the source, how you say in wiki page, with
rootfs, after chroot, from ubuntu jaunty (with lxde and gdm) created
with rootstock like in this page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RootfsFromScratch
.
After boot, the bluetouth stay continuously activated and I can not
make the touchscreen to work (I installed the evtouch driver)
How can I make the touchscreen to work?
What distribution you utilise? Debian?
Sorry for my english, I am from Romania.

jan rinze

Nov 10, 2010, 12:45:59 PM11/10/10
to loox7...@googlegroups.com
Hi Florin,

2010/11/10 Florin <florin...@gmail.com>

Hi guys,
Congratulation for yours work.
I compiled the kernel from the source, how you say in wiki page, with
rootfs, after chroot, from ubuntu jaunty (with lxde and gdm) created
with rootstock like in this page https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RootfsFromScratch

sounds interesting. Is the 'desktop' useable with the amount of memory the Loox has?

After boot, the bluetouth stay continuously activated and I can not
make the touchscreen to work (I installed the evtouch driver)
How can I make the touchscreen to work?
What distribution you utilise? Debian?
Sorry for my english, I am from Romania.

maybe this can be of help: http://www.postnuklear.de/linuxloox/linuxloox.html
the description for the touch screen setup is in there although the downloads do not work anymore.

Jan Rinze.

Florin Tanasa

Nov 10, 2010, 2:15:17 PM11/10/10
to loox7...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday 10 November 2010 19:45:59 jan rinze wrote:
> Hi Florin,
>
> 2010/11/10 Florin <florin...@gmail.com>
>
> > Hi guys,
> > Congratulation for yours work.
> > I compiled the kernel from the source, how you say in wiki page, with
> > rootfs, after chroot, from ubuntu jaunty (with lxde and gdm) created
> > with rootstock like in this page
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RootfsFromScratch
>
> sounds interesting. Is the 'desktop' useable with the amount of memory the
> Loox has?

For me now is good because the touchscreen not work. I use the ssh connection
and the usb keybord to work with loox. I attach two screenshot with top
command and with editor.

> > After boot, the bluetouth stay continuously activated and I can not
> > make the touchscreen to work (I installed the evtouch driver)
> > How can I make the touchscreen to work?
> > What distribution you utilise? Debian?
> > Sorry for my english, I am from Romania.
>
> maybe this can be of help:
> http://www.postnuklear.de/linuxloox/linuxloox.html
> the description for the touch screen setup is in there although the
> downloads do not work anymore.

I find this (http://www.linux16.net/node/427) web page where exist this driver
and a good tutorial with everything you need to install a Debian distribution,
but use a old kernel and evtouch driver from this site can not be load in X
because is compiled with a old glibc.
I installed the xserver-xorg-input-evtouch this driver use device in
/dev/input/event[x]
I attach log with dmesg and xorg (xorg.conf is not not edited because I have
hal).
I think is necessary to uninstall the synaptics driver and to stop the hal
daemon and then to edit the xorg.conf? Any ideea?

> Jan Rinze.

Screenshot-1.png
Screenshot-2.png
dmesg.txt
Xorg.0.log

Tomasz Figa

Nov 10, 2010, 2:29:10 PM11/10/10
to loox7...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

it seems like X.org misrecognizes the touchscreen as Synaptics.
It's just a hint since I haven't been active in this project for some time,
but maybe try disabling the Synaptics driver in X.org.

Best regards
Tomasz Figa

Harald Radke

Nov 15, 2010, 11:46:39 AM11/15/10
to loox7...@googlegroups.com

Hello Florin!

Well, I did some kind of modification of the evtouch driver some time ago which
kinda worked, however I am pretty sure that with newer X versions it doesnt ):
Some time ago I got an request to bring it uptodate, however, at that time
there was no (official *g*) Loox development anymore so it went on the
backburner...

Right now I simply don't have the time for looking into it (I still don't even
have a working rootfs again, though my old ones are archived on disk I think)
since I am on job hunt

I hope to get some spare time soon (besides applications, and the 4 times a
week 3h mandatory sit in, enforced by the community job center) and my girl
friend (:

Harry

PS: it DID work, with the old rootfs and following the documentation on
http://postnuklear.de/linuxloox/linuxloox.html (not that it will help u right
now *g*)

Florin Tanasa

Nov 15, 2010, 4:34:48 PM11/15/10
to loox7...@googlegroups.com
Hello Harry,

On Monday 15 November 2010 18:46:39 Harald Radke wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 10. November 2010, um 18:25:55 schrieb Florin:
> > Hi guys,
> > Congratulation for yours work.
> > I compiled the kernel from the source, how you say in wiki page, with
> > rootfs, after chroot, from ubuntu jaunty (with lxde and gdm) created
> > with rootstock like in this page
> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RootfsFromScratch .
> > After boot, the bluetouth stay continuously activated and I can not
> > make the touchscreen to work (I installed the evtouch driver)
> > How can I make the touchscreen to work?
> > What distribution you utilise? Debian?
> > Sorry for my english, I am from Romania.
>
> Hello Florin!
>
> Well, I did some kind of modification of the evtouch driver some time ago
> which kinda worked, however I am pretty sure that with newer X versions it
> doesnt ): Some time ago I got an request to bring it uptodate, however, at
> that time there was no (official *g*) Loox development anymore so it went
> on the backburner...
>
> Right now I simply don't have the time for looking into it (I still don't
> even have a working rootfs again, though my old ones are archived on disk
> I think) since I am on job hunt

Successful.

> I hope to get some spare time soon (besides applications, and the 4 times a
> week 3h mandatory sit in, enforced by the community job center) and my girl
> friend (:

Now in the world, it seems that, people do not have time to do time.

> Harry
>
> PS: it DID work, with the old rootfs and following the documentation on
> http://postnuklear.de/linuxloox/linuxloox.html (not that it will help u
> right now *g*)
You did good job with the tutorial from this page. More determined to put
Linux on my Loox720.

Now I try to make a new rootfs with Gentoo distribution (because I like this
distribution). I put XFCE4 for WM, and I use LINGUAS="ro ru it fr en"
I have a few packages to end compile the XFCE.
I wish to try this driver http://www.plop.at/en/touchscreen.html
Does anyone know if I could to boot from a CF (4GB) card, because I haven't a
SD card with 4GB and the SDHC is not visibil in ppc 2003.
--
Florin Tanasa,
http://sites.google.com/site/florintanasa/