Resume problem

Impesa

Feb 20, 2011, 2:09:37 PM2/20/11
to Loox7xxport
Hi folks,

first of all, I want to thank you guys for this excellent job proting
Android to Loox 720!!!!

I have unpacked the release 2 CF zip to a CF 4GB card and was able to
boot android... looks great!

The WLAN ist working fine in my WPA WLan at home ;-)

But, wenn I press the power off button, the screen ist getting black,
only a blinking cursor is visisble and shortly afterwards, the screen
is turned off - fine so far!

When I press the power off button again, the screen is activated again
and you could see some messages on the black screen... reading wake up
texts... a short moment later the screen is deactivated again - the
led is blinking blue and green...?

I'm not able to revive the loox again???

Any ideas?

Is it needed to partition the CF card in 2 parts? Do I need further
installation steps?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Joerg

rsainio

Feb 24, 2011, 2:21:31 PM2/24/11
to Loox7xxport
Seems to me that every time I press power button it actually comes up,
but then suspends again. The serial console output is following
(pressed several times PWR)

# request_suspend_state: sleep (0->3) at 139892761242 (2011-02-24
19:18:14.796457505 UTC)
PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.01 seconds) done.
Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)
USB cmd disconnect
i2c i2c-0: Enabling slave mode
USB cmd connect
usb usb1: root hub lost power or was reset
Restarting tasks ... done.
suspend: exit suspend, ret = 0 (2011-02-24 19:18:25.535861847 UTC)
wakeup wake lock: unknown_wakeups
mmc0: Starting deferred resume
mmc0: Deferred resume completed
PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.01 seconds) done.
Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)
USB cmd disconnect
i2c i2c-0: Enabling slave mode
USB cmd connect
usb usb1: root hub lost power or was reset
Restarting tasks ... done.
suspend: exit suspend, ret = 0 (2011-02-24 19:18:57.525639693 UTC)

-------Pressing PWR again
USB cmd disconnect
i2c i2c-0: Enabling slave mode
USB cmd connect
usb usb1: root hub lost power or was reset
wakeup wake lock: power-supply
Restarting tasks ... done.
suspend: exit suspend, ret = 0 (2011-02-24 19:21:04.592967388 UTC)
mmc0: Starting deferred resume
mmc0: Deferred resume completed
PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.01 seconds) done.
Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)

vik

Feb 25, 2011, 8:43:22 AM2/25/11
to Loox7xxport
i have loox 720.
I am try android it loaded work sime times . after sleep or .. a see
black screen with some words. But if i put pwn any time - screen make
black , and blink green,blue left led.
One more thing - i change pxa27x_maxfreq=624 - > 524. And divice
loaded every time. if i put 624 loaded some time - Word android on
black screen and all.

How i can check some logs what it hapens or ... what tools for get sum
debug information , May it help us go forward.

jan rinze

Feb 25, 2011, 9:05:45 AM2/25/11
to loox7...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

2011/2/25 vik <vost...@gmail.com>

i have loox 720.
I am try android it loaded work sime times . after sleep or .. a see
black screen with some words. But if i put pwn any time - screen make
black , and blink green,blue left led.
One more thing - i change  pxa27x_maxfreq=624 - > 524. And divice
loaded every time. if i put 624 loaded some time - Word android on
black screen and all.

The Loox has a 520 MHz processor, setting the speed to 624 MHz is likely to cause instability.

Some devices work well with 624 MHz but those remain exceptions.

The kernel should limit the max speed to 520 MHz to ensure proper operation of the device.

Jan Rinze.

Martin

Mar 8, 2011, 8:04:34 AM3/8/11
to Loox7xxport
Hi Joerg,

On Feb 20, 8:09 pm, Impesa <joerg.ja...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> But, wenn I press the power off button, the screen ist getting black,
> only a blinking cursor is visisble and shortly afterwards, the screen
> is turned off - fine so far!
>
> When I press the power off button again, the screen is activated again
> and you could see some messages on the black screen... reading wake up
> texts... a short moment later the screen is deactivated again - the
> led is blinking blue and green...?

this problem is due to a still missing wake-up event notification from
the kernel to Android power management. In short, Android is woken up,
but does not know why and thus returns to suspend immediately. You can
work around this problem by pressing a button (but not the power
button) or touching the screen during the short moment where you can
see the wake up texts. The long-term solution is to generate an event
for Android in the kernel resume code.

Martin

rsainio

Mar 8, 2011, 2:56:13 PM3/8/11
to Loox7xxport
> this problem is due to a still missing wake-up event notification from
> the kernel to Android power management. In short, Android is woken up,
> but does not know why and thus returns to suspend immediately. You can
> work around this problem by pressing a button (but not the power
> button) or touching the screen during the short moment where you can
> see the wake up texts. The long-term solution is to generate an event
> for Android in the kernel resume code.
>
> Martin

Can we send the event from userland to Android. If apm is enabled in
kernel and apmd runs in userland, it is possible to run scripts when
the system wakes up. Well, at least I have seen it done that way in
non-Android systems