strong-agent 'failed to instrument mysql' message on Windows

Alexander Makarenko

May 23, 2014, 9:07:08 PM5/23/14
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Hello, guys.

Just noticed this strange error message when running Loopback app with strong-agent on Windows.

So I found file and line where it is printed. Opened strong-agent/lib/probes/mysql.js and found the problem on line 56:

var mysqlConnectionPath = /mysql\/lib\/Connection\.js$/;

Since Windows has another file separator it would be wise to generate RegExp using path.sep.

I attached modified mysql.js.

P.S.: strong-agent version is 0.4.5.
mysql.js

Ryan Graham

May 23, 2014, 11:44:49 PM5/23/14
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Alexander Makarenko <estlib...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, guys.

Just noticed this strange error message when running Loopback app with strong-agent on Windows.

I attached modified mysql.js.

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for the bug report! I'll make sure it is fixed in the next release :-)

Were you able to get mysql instrumentation in your app working with your modified version in the mean time?

~Ryan

--
Ryan Graham
DevOps @ StrongLoop, Inc.

Alexander Makarenko

May 27, 2014, 7:05:46 PM5/27/14
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Hi. Sorry for late response.

To say I do not know how should I understand it's working. Getting familiar with StrongOps now. :-)

Alexander Makarenko

May 28, 2014, 6:30:12 AM5/28/14
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
So... Mysql should appear in Traces page of StrongOps dashboard, right?

Gustávo Sooeiro

Jun 9, 2015, 12:43:40 PM6/9/15
to loopb...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ryan,

You guys have been building an awesome toll!! Thanks a lot for that!

But I had the same problem! Do you already have a fix for that? If not, there is a deadline for the next release?
I am already using other REST API. I would love to start using Loopback but I would need to know how fast its going to get better.

Gustavo