Device availability

valerij zaporogeci

Nov 24, 2016, 3:44:09 PM11/24/16
to loongson-dev
Hi, everybody.
I am wondering about the availability and price of these devices. Where one can buy those (apart from ebay) and what the price is.
I was trying to contact lemote while ago, but without success.
I am working (as an individual) on a UEFI implementation for arm and mips architectures. I have chosen several arm SBC's to work on, and since I have passion to the MIPS architecture, I want to add it to the taget list too, even though they are not as available as arm is. I have a mips32 machine (MIPS Creator CI20 SBC) and I would be happy to have at least one PC-like mips64 machine in my park for this project. Routers aren't good fit, these pretty mips PC machines would be so much better.
UEFI is a firmware standard, I think it would be useful not only for me to have it on Loongson computers as well, it's a comprehensive firmware, giving the user a rich set of booting possibilities, and for developers - a well defined modern standard to work with, I believe writing UEFI-drivers for new platform integration is way easier than doing the same in a clumsy standardless and structureless environments. And also - if we bring UEFI for mips, then maybe the UEFI forum will add mips architecture to the supported architectures list. :^D Agree, it's not fair it is neglected there. :)
I am planning to implement fully UEFI compliant firmware for several arm & mips boards, and also will be trying to integrate ACPI standard there as well. Of course, it's only an individual enthusiastic work (wich is at the very beginning state), but maybe it will become a thing and get bigger in future.
But I am lacking mips64 for all these napoleonic plans, and loongson would be just what is needed, the only problem is where do I get these loongson machines, a user, living in the Eastern Europe (Ukraine) like me, Fuloong 2F for example. Is it selling now?
Thanks.

张福新

Nov 24, 2016, 6:38:55 PM11/24/16
to valerij zaporogeci, loongson-dev, 王鑫, 徐锋
Yes, we can provide loongson pcs although we don't have official oversea sales anymore and focus on domestic market. But we would be glad to satisfy your requirement. we are working on mips UEFI too.
Could you accept a MINI-ITX montherboard instead of a whole PC? we don't have CE or FCC certification so it might be difficult to sell PC to you. You can buy disk and chasis to assemble one PC then.
The price of motherboard(including a 4G memory) for a loongson 3A2000, which is a four core loongson processor and much faster than loongson2f, is around $400 excluding shipment. If you can feedback your uefi work later we can provide some developer discount.
More details you can contact Wang xin of lemote. he is CCed.

Regards

发自手机邮件客户端

valerij zaporogeci

Nov 25, 2016, 10:18:22 AM11/25/16
to loongson-dev, vlrz...@gmail.com, wan...@lemote.com, x...@lemote.com, zha...@lemote.com

пʼятниця, 25 листопада 2016 р. 01:38:55 UTC+2 користувач 张福新 написав:
Yes, we can provide loongson pcs although we don't have official oversea sales anymore and focus on domestic market. But we would be glad to satisfy your requirement. we are working on mips UEFI too.

Thank you for the quick response! It's a pleasure to hear you are working on UEFI too, wish you success!

Could you accept a MINI-ITX montherboard instead of a whole PC? we don't have CE or FCC certification so it might be difficult to sell PC to you. You can buy disk and chasis to assemble one PC then.

I meant "PC"  in a more broad sense, not tying to a particular form-factor, just to distinguish from more embedded things like routers. Of course I could accept mini-itx type of board, I am working with SBC's. :)

The price of motherboard(including a 4G memory) for a loongson 3A2000, which is a four core loongson processor and much faster than loongson2f, is around $400 excluding shipment.

400$ sounds quite pricey for me. :D But I definitely will consider this possibility. I am glad that there is activity and communication.

If you can feedback your uefi work later we can provide some developer discount.
More details you can contact Wang xin of lemote. he is CCed.

Of course. I will give more info on this when there will be more to say for the mips port of the project. Thank you again. :)

Regards

发自手机邮件客户端