Fanless systems?

fr...@statdns.com

Feb 13, 2016, 11:01:24 AM2/13/16
to loongson-dev
Hello,

It was a very positive surprise for me to discover the new Lemote site
in early January and the new products. There are lots of exciting stuff
there.

Most motherboard pictures show fans on them (at least, it's the case
for all Mini-ITX, E-ATX, and ATX ones), but I noticed this is not
the case for Micro-ATX [1] and COM-E [2] ones. Does it means that
those system can and do run fanless?

Best regards,
Frederic.

张福新

Feb 13, 2016, 11:48:14 PM2/13/16
to loongson-dev
Dear Fred,
     Sorry there is no fanless system for Loongson-3  based boards. The power consumption of Loongson-3 series are more than 10w, which is hard to implement a fanless system. In some systems we may use system fan in the chasis instead of fan on the board.

Regards
From:  "fred"<fr...@statdns.com>;
Date:  Sun, Feb 14, 2016 00:01 AM
To:  "loongson-dev"<loongs...@googlegroups.com>;
Subject:  [loongson-dev] Fanless systems?

Frederic Cambus

Mar 28, 2016, 6:02:08 PM3/28/16
to loongson-dev, zha...@lemote.com
Hello,

On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 5:48:14 AM UTC+1, 张福新 wrote:

Sorry there is no fanless system for Loongson-3 based boards. The power consumption of Loongson-3 series are more than 10w, which is hard to implement a fanless system. In some systems we may use system fan in the chasis instead of fan on the board.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Sending a follow-up regarding Loongson 3A based systems via e-mail.

Best regards.
Frederic.