Re: [loongson-dev] Trying to get an OS onto a Yeeloong 2F

Xun

Aug 2, 2014, 8:13:39 AM8/2/14
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
hi David
 Not sure how bad you messed with the boot loader, if you aren't flash/replace the Pomn, you can still get your system back booting from USB disk. Format first partition as ext3, drop boot.cfg there.
  If you are fine with Gentoo Linux, you can try it(Google it). And wifi just works. Just let me know if you still have problem.

Xun

On 2014年8月2日 下午7:13:32, loongs...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Hi all,

I've dug my Yeeloong 2F out of storage and have been trying to get an OS onto it. I've tried Debian, but it fails to install GRUB  - then cannot find boot.cfg when it tries to boot. I wasn't able to manually boot it with karg.

The only OS's I've managed to get onto it successfully are the Lemote Debian restore and Free BSD. The former is in Chinese and the latter doesn't have functioning wireless. :(

I've had Debian working fine on it in the past - I'm not sure what to do. I'll settle for any OS, command line or GUI as long as it's in English and the Wifi works. Would appreciate some advice as to what's currently the best OS to put on this system. The Lemote Debian would be fine if I could get it into English.

David