Possibility to get dual socket motherboard with 3b cpu

Alexey Shvetsov

Nov 20, 2014, 10:57:10 AM11/20/14
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

Is that somehow possible to get dual socket motherboard with 3b cpu?

Matt Turner

Nov 20, 2014, 12:05:50 PM11/20/14
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Alexey Shvetsov <alex...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is that somehow possible to get dual socket motherboard with 3b cpu?

As far as I can tell, no. I tried without success for a long time.
They (loongson.cn) would go for months without responding to emails,
and when they finally did they'd say "oh, yes, of course we'll send
you a board." They even took my address at one point, but alas no
board.

I've talked to other distro developers, and they've had the same
experiences. I believe Debian did eventually manage to get a board
though.

David Kuehling

Nov 26, 2014, 10:31:44 AM11/26/14
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
Did you try asking lemote.com? They are now listing a 3B based server
system (not sure whether it is dual-socket, though):

http://www.lemote.com/products/computer/hongri/s7.html

About a year ago, I bought a loongson-3A based computer [1] directly
From lemote, without any problems.

cheers,

David

[1] http://www.lemote.com/products/computer/fulong/348.html
--
GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk2.gpg
Fingerprint: B63B 6AF2 4EEB F033 46F7 7F1D 935E 6F08 E457 205F

public

Dec 13, 2014, 10:50:45 AM12/13/14
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
26.11.2014, 18:31, "David Kuehling" <dvdk...@posteo.de>:
> Did you try asking lemote.com?  They are now listing a 3B based server
> system (not sure whether it is dual-socket, though):
>
>   http://www.lemote.com/products/computer/hongri/s7.html
>
> About a year ago, I bought a loongson-3A based computer [1] directly
> From lemote, without any problems.
>
> cheers,
>
> David
>
> [1] http://www.lemote.com/products/computer/fulong/348.html
> --
> GnuPG public key: http://dvdkhlng.users.sourceforge.net/dk2.gpg
> Fingerprint: B63B 6AF2 4EEB F033 46F7  7F1D 935E 6F08 E457 205F

Hello.
How do you communicate with lemote?
They had a store http://aliexpress.com/store/801318 and http://store.taobao.com/shop/view_shop-e31813a865b2abbeb74aaa765561f87a.htm but now they do not work.

David Kuehling

Dec 14, 2014, 8:19:02 PM12/14/14
to loongs...@googlegroups.com

> 26.11.2014, 18:31, "David Kuehling" <dvdk...@posteo.de>:
>> Did you try asking lemote.com?  They are now listing a 3B based
>> server system (not sure whether it is dual-socket, though):
>>

> Hello. How do you communicate with lemote? They had a store
> http://aliexpress.com/store/801318 and
> http://store.taobao.com/shop/view_shop-e31813a865b2abbeb74aaa765561f87a.htm
> but now they do not work.

Via email. One of their sales people once posted his email here.

The relevant thread is:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/loongson-dev/loongson-3a$20mainboard/loongson-dev/twzd5TBz_1k/fZnJs5Xf_6QJ

cheers,

David

zha...@lemote.com

Dec 14, 2014, 8:41:29 PM12/14/14
to loongson-dev
Dear David,
     Thank you for your help.

Regards

zha...@lemote.com

Dec 14, 2014, 8:41:53 PM12/14/14
to loongson-dev, 王鑫
Thank you for interest in our products. You can contact wan...@lemote.com, he is our sales guy.

Sorry that for some reason the webstores are no longer actively maintained.

3B dual socket motherboards might be in shortage these days, ask Wangxin for detail information.

Regards