Kernel source for Lemote 8133 laptop

Bruno D'Arcangeli

Mar 5, 2015, 5:01:45 AM3/5/15
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've got this laptop running Debian MIPS64EL port.
Where can i found kernel source with full support for this laptop?
For now, my kernel source is http://dev.lemote.com/cgit/linux-official version 3.6.11.
But there's no backlight and battery support in /sys/class/...
The backlight can be changed with the keyboard but if it go off, it can't go back on and only a hard power down can recover it.
But the most important thing is battery support...

Thanks

Huacai Chen

Mar 5, 2015, 10:45:15 PM3/5/15
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
I think you need to update your PMON.
http://dev.lemote.com/files/upload/lm/kernel/testing/pmon-A1004-2.1.4.bin

Huacai

Bruno D'Arcangeli

Mar 6, 2015, 7:36:16 AM3/6/15
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I can flash only the 2.1.3 version. Without /sys/class/power_supply and /sys/class/backlight support.
With 2.1.4, at boot, screen backlight go on but nothing more. Only a black screen with backlight on.
No pmon and no auto boot.
Tried to flash from pmon and from my batronix bralino II programmer. Same result.
Is the file pmon-A1004-2.1.4.bin broken?

Huacai Chen

Mar 6, 2015, 8:28:37 PM3/6/15
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

PMON-2.1.3 should work with 3.5.0-9 or previous kernels.
PMON-2.1.4 whould work with 3.5.0-10 or later kernels.

But I don't know why you cannot use PMON-2.1.4 ....

Huacai

Bruno D'Arcangeli

Mar 8, 2015, 3:33:37 AM3/8/15
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Thanks for your help.
The problem with pmon 2.1.4 may come from my internal samsung ssd. I'll try tomorow with the original HD.
I've some trouble with SSD and PMON (with some u-boot version too on ARM).

Bruno D'Arcangeli

Mar 9, 2015, 7:05:03 AM3/9/15
to loongs...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Same pmon problem with the original HD.
I can start the computer with pmon 2.1.3 and flash pmon 2.1.4. Without reboot, the computer go on. But next reboot or power on, computer can't boot.
At power on, with pmon 2.1.4, power led lit, two or three seconds later, screen backlight go on. Nothing more. No Lemote logo, no pmon, ...