Room available in SF Mission!

Christopher Dembia

Dec 10, 2020, 10:20:07 PM12/10/20
to looking-f...@googlegroups.com

--- Basic Info ---

Rent - $850-$1200 depending on room
Deposit - $850
Monthly food & utilities - averages $180
Location - the Mission

--- About us ---

Kaleidoscope is a beloved co-op located on Mission St between the 16th and 24th St BART stations. There are a total of 7 bedrooms and 8 people currently living here. We buy staple groceries collectively, but residents are on their own for other food. We have a chore chart but try to keep house mostly by all doing our best to clean up after ourselves throughout the day.

The current residents recently moved into this house (from a different co-op), so there is a lot of flexibility in our house structure. At the moment we're looking for someone excited to build up a house culture together!

You'll be living with:

J, 26 (he/him): Stanford grad working with AI at Google. Knows a bazillion fun facts, loves insightful convos and late night ice cream runs.
C, 31 (he/him): Recently finished his PhD and will bike to LA if you ask him to! Also loves photography and late night ice cream runs.
A, 25 (she/her): Currently working as a data analyst @ Stanford, loves the occasional roadtrip, but you'll mostly find her reading a book, cross stitching, or going on late night ice cream runs. N's partner.
N, 27 (he/him): A mechanical engineer who can fix nearly anything, and loves sharing a meal (and also going on late night ice cream runs). A's partner.

There are a couple other residents who will be moving out (to start a family) around the time you move in.

We have been moderately conservative with COVID precautions - people in the house have been meeting up (outdoors and masked) with friends and sometimes going in to very sparsely populated offices, and A and N have occasionally stayed the night with N's parents in Sonoma County (indoors but masked and distanced).
Maybe delete: We value transparency above having the exact same COVID risk tolerances, but would prefer someone who anticipates following the coming stay-at-home order well.

--- About the house ---

An old 3D model of the house is available here: https://my.matterport.com/models/fU7BjCUf7YU?section=media. We attached recent photos of the space, which show that a lot has changed since the 3D model was created (new floors, totally painted, a full room added). Bedroom 5 in the 3D model is the one that is immediately open. Bedrooms 2 and 3 are opening soon, and we are open to shuffling rooms around.

The apartment is the entire second floor above a market. The apartment contains a huge common area with a kitchen, dining area, office area, couch area, and a cute reading nook.

Unfortunately the house is very much not wheelchair accessible - there's a full flight of stairs to enter the home. There are two full bathrooms that are shared among all residents, with a third shower.

We do not have pets, but pets are permitted. We can discuss exact details with you if you are interested in having a pet.

--- What we're looking for ---

Someone interested in shedding the isolation of COVID and participating in cultivating an inviting space for all residents. In the spirit of maintaining balance in the house, the new resident is preferably female identifying (but this isn't a must).

Interested?? Please fill out this form, https://forms.gle/eKT7bEqR74tUhAUj7, and we'll get back to you :).

image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg