HOUSING OFFERED: SF Sunny Summer Sublet in the Mission - large room w/ views in 5-person community - flexible duration - $1350/month or $340/wk (2-week min)

Ashley Newton

Jul 3, 2020, 11:40:20 PM7/3/20
to looking-f...@googlegroups.com
Hi again!

Once again, my house is dropping the price on the largest bedroom in my quirky 5-person community which has been vacant since June 1st - the room is now $1350/month (down from $1700 originally). Available as a short-term/flexible sublet through the end of the summer most likely.

We are temporarily offering the room at $1350, which is below our cost ($1475) during the summer while we try to sort things out with our landlord.

The room (furnished)
furnished-wall2b.jpg
Our amazing backyard/view:
backview-wide-angle-resized2.jpg

Note:
If you're interested in the room and can't afford $1350, please reach out and let us know up front what you can afford, and maybe we can find a solution that works for all of us. (Please don't try to negotiate the rent after you've visited.)
Conversely, if you're interested in this sublet and are able/willing to pay more than $1350, that would be amazing since we're losing money on it -- but right now our priority is simply getting someone into the room as soon as possible.

Details on the room pasted below.

- Ashley

Sunny Summer Sublet:

**AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY - FURNISHED OR UNFURNISHED**

Room available in a beautiful, sunny (on all 4 sides!), top-floor 4.5 bedroom Victorian apartment in the heart of the Mission.

We're looking for an emotionally mature, conscientious, considerate, and clean person who doesn't take themselves too seriously. Individuals preferred, but couples will be considered (extra fee). All genders, sexual orientations, races, and ages accepted. (FYI: None of us are POC/we are all caucasion with mixed ancestry. We do have a diverse age make-up, are mixed gender, and mixed sexual orientation.)

TIME-FRAME: Available immediately. Available weekly (minimum two weeks) and monthly, through end of summer/early fall.

THE ROOM: The master bedroom and largest room in our apartment -- 200 sq ft and approx. 11x18ft dimensions -- with the best view as well! 10ft ceilings, three big sunny bay windows with amazing views of downtown skyline and Potrero hill (see pictures). Room also has a moderate-size closet. Available furnished or unfurnished.

LOCATION: SF / Mission District near 18th & South Van Ness. 8 minute walk to BART; 12 minute walk to Dolores Park; And good food is everywhere! This is a super great location.

RENT: $1350/month or $340/week (minimum 2 weeks) (some flexibility on price but you'd have to discuss with us before we show you the place to avoid wasting all our time/energy)

THE APARTMENT:
- ~1800sq ft w/ great Victorian detail
- Rich hardwood floors throughout
- Split bathroom with large deep clawfoot tub
- Sunny beautiful modern eat-in kitchen w/ large walk-in pantry
- Kitchen outfitted with: powerful gas stove, dishwasher, fancy restaurant-grade automated espresso/coffee maker, Japanese knives, microwave, Blendtec blender, cuisinart, etc.
- In-unit newish gas washer/dryer
- Living room has dining table, shared desk/work space, comfy futon and shared musical instruments, sound system
- AMAZING views of Twin Peaks and Sutro Tower from our living room
- Small private deck (also with amazing views of Twin Peaks)
- Large luscious shared backyard with grill, fruit trees, patio furniture
- Central heat
- Shared garage with bike storage + shared tools and some personal storage (no car parking in garage, but street parking is easy/free)
- Household exercise equipment (Precor elliptical, adjustable barbells, pull-up bar, hang board, yoga mats, foam roller, etc)
- For the musically-inclined, there is a full-size weighted keyboard and a ukele available for use in living room
- For the craftily-inclined, there are lots of tools ranging from sewing machine, serger, electronics, construction, and more
- LED art and colorful LED lights throughout the apartment + original artwork

US: You'll be joining Ashley, Jonathan, Natasja, and Nick. We're a weird and eclectic bunch. Some of the things we are excited about are (in no particular order): making art, crafting, LEDs/lighting, robots/electronics, outdoorsy activities, health, braaaainz, SCIENCE!, gardening, dancing, yoga, and working on projects. We have weekly household dinners and short meetings to check in with each other, as well as some assigned household chores.

PETS: Sorry, no furry pets.

COVID-19: We have been following shelter-in-place guidelines, have been wearing masks outdoors well before they became required, and regularly check in about shared expectations and developments. None of us, or anyone we have been in contact with recently, has tested positive for COVID-19 or been knowingly in contact with someone who tested positive. We request that applicants have been following shelter-in-place mandates and are willing to communicate about ongoing risk exposures.

TOURS/INTERVIEWS: We are conducting quick in-person tours with masks on and then conducting short interviews in our backyard. Video tours are also an option. Please let us know your comfort level.
----

THE FORM

We ask that all applicants fill out our form as much of our form as possible.
****Please do not email us -- apply through the form below!****

https://forms.gle/CmwRwU9J8CXJkS5V9