SF old-timer seeks flatmate. Beautiful place at Divis & GG.

Joel Pomerantz

Aug 15, 2020, 8:45:00 PM8/15/20
to looking-for-housing in SF Bay Area
Hello peeps,

2 BR (good sized) – all utilities included, even internet!
Top floor of a small Victorian apartment building
✓ ☟
☛ High ceilings
☛ Hardwood floors
☛ Windows in all directions
☛ Nice neighbor community in and near building
☛ Furnished or not
☛ Laundry in building

With me, Joel
✓ ☟
☛ Upbeat, engaged and curious (drowning in fun projects)
☛ Casual foodie (hoping to share occasional meals)
☛ Nature addict (no other addictions)
☛ Social life includes people of diverse ages, backgrounds and even opinions
☛ San Francisco old-timer with deep interest in history (both learning it and making it)!
☛ Bicyclist for everyday transportation (co-founder of the SF Bicycle Coalition)

I'm a science educator and explorer.

I avoid commercial culture, flaming buildings, religion and other doctrines.

I'm all about good communication, the less mediated the better: using screen time only as necessary. I have no smartphone. I never feel bored.

I'm clean and tidy but spontaneous. Clean is not optional. Tidy is more flexible, allowing for some inspirational variation. As long as tidy is the baseline norm.

You
✓ ☟
☛ Pick which room you want!
☛ Have no furry pets, cigarettes, TV sets
☛ Have read this and prove it by including the word 'into' into your subject line
☛ Short term or long
☛ Prefer shared living (not just for the cost share)

Please tell me your timing and what propels your search. Thank you!

More about the place:

The apartment is at the not-famous Seymour Street in the Western Addition. Eight minutes ride from Golden Gate Park and Civic Center. There's safe bicycle parking in the building.

The kitchen
Well equipped for cooking fresh food from scratch. For ecological reasons I minimize meat. Sharing meals now and then? It's one of the great reasons to not live alone.

Why is only the kitchen shown!?
I have all the rooms set up as I like right now. Might bias your imagination. I will let you decide which will be living room, your room, my room. I'll take you for a video tour if you want, after we talk. The place is goodly, as you'll see.

During covid19
You and I would be sharing info about our habits and contacts since we'd be sharing a germspace. I don't fully isolate but I'm careful and thoughtful about how I interact with others. I need to be: I have in-person contact with my elderly mom in Oakland and an elderly best friend. I base decisions on science.

I'm pretty quiet overall but I do like singing, playing dulcimer and listening (through speakers, not headphones) to noncommercial music from around the world including Roma, jazz, South African, bluesy, twang, funk, roots, Quebecois accordions, jug band, Indian ragas and the like. (Prefer non-electronic listening—live!) All at respectful times and volumes. After covidtimes, I expect to have singing friends over occasionally, and other focused gatherings.

Also: Please let me know about your income and other survival stuff in this crazy time.
I'm getting through the crisis via absurdism and big-picture thinking. How about you?

Oh… I'm into maps. But I will remove some from walls to make space for your aesthetic. ;)
kitchen.jpg

Apartment layout.jpg