Private room w/ bath available in Cupertino plant-based community house.

Mollie Pettit

May 27, 2020, 5:34:54 AM5/27/20
to looking-for-housing in SF Bay Area
Hello friends!

Interested in joining our house family? We have a private bedroom with its own private bathroom available here at Tree House - a plant-based Intentional Community House in Cupertino. You would be joining six other community-oriented folks (described below). Rent is $2k per month + utilities and house expenses. Available June 21st (but may also be able to sort out an earlier start if necessary).

The house is a beautiful 5300 sqft 6 bedroom, 5.5 bath home located near Santa Lucia Road & Alcalde Road. Washer/dryer in the house. Central Air. Large Backyard.

During shelter in place, we’ve done a lot of walks, bike rides, and hikes together. In fact, the house is a short walk to Steven’s Creek Trail (which includes a cute 4H farm with alpacas, goats, and a miniature horse!), and a medium walk to Steven’s Creek County Park, and Fremont Older Preserve. Being able to walk to nature easily has been awesome recently. <3

Because of the shelter-in-place protocols limiting the amount we can venture outside of the home, living in a house with a built-in community has been amazing during this this time. We have pandemic-related house agreements. These are meant to be iterative and amendable at house meetings should updates or new health information arise. They are agreed on unanimously and meant to help everyone feel comfortable during the pandemic.

(Note: We also have some temp spots available in a shared room for cheaper. We’re not sure that we’ll be accepting applications for this shared room during Shelter in Place, but would potentially consider it for the right applicant. And might be accepting again once SIP is over.)

To apply, express interest, and/or read more info, check out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfE4u_cg4ifEmmjdq-ySLk6ealST-JpmfESrUbPqlrfs8py6Q/viewform?fbclid=IwAR2pbSY1B7DNF2Mlhu6uLqu5DAEAGAAqK4wptaSZ71CwNuvmbSZWJtGrO-Q

More photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/btaAoWZUu2EdXQ3L8

House Values
- This is a plant-based home. This aligns with a desire to refrain from contributing to issues such as global warming, deforestation, and animal suffering.
- We view this home as more than just a room to keep our stuff in, but rather a community of which we are all a part and contribute towards.
- We are inclusive of all people and our fabulous differences, such as where we’re from, our ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender, specialties, and interests. It is important to be respectful of everyone in the house and accepting of the things that make us different.
- We strive to improve this world we share, in your work lives and home lives.
- We value kindness, compassion, innovation, ingenuity, diversity, inclusivity, and have a desire to positively influence the world around us.
- We strive to minimize our household waste by doing things like using cloth napkins instead of paper towels, reusable cups instead of solo cups for parties, etc.

Who Lives here so far:
- Mollie: Early-thirties female working professional. Grew up in a bunch of small midwest US towns. Work at Netflix as a data viz engineer. Try to use data viz skills for good when I have the time. Big into partner dancing (swing, blues, and fusion dancing), and bicycling. Vegan for both ethical and environmental reasons. Queer and polyamorous. Love living in a community environment with other like-minded people and much prefer it to living alone. It just feels so much nicer to return home to a house full of lovely people.

- Mridul: Originally from Agra, India. Undergraduate in India, MS in Management Information System from the University of Arizona. Tucson. Joined Walmart eCommerce as a Software Engineer in February. Likes cooking mostly Indian Vegetarian options but love to learn new cuisines. Likes reading tech-articles and reading biographies and novels. BIG Apple fan.

- Randy: male working professional doing contract engineering work, typically in robotics. Grew up in a small town in Iowa, did school in Minnesota with a year abroad in Austria, and some grad school here, after which did not leave. Handy, likes building, fixing, or improving things. Enjoys teamwork and shared undertakings. Loves plants (gardens and forests), enjoys hiking, biking, and birding. Nerd. Enjoys science fiction and fantasy (films, TV, books, and more commonly audiobooks recently).

- Denise: space enthusiast in her early thirties. Planetary Sciences graduate student and astrobiologist at NASA-Ames Research Center, research focused on the search for extraterrestrial life. Loves to travel (especially for concerts and music festivals) and has lived all over the country- from Arizona to Georgia to North Dakota. Enjoys trying new vegan recipes and sharing them with others and loves living in a community!

- Amy: geographer, soon to be doing remote sensing work for the Forest Service. Previously did remote sensing projects for NASA DEVELOP, but also loves human geography and anything related to the environment. Loves rock climbing, the outdoors, and new adventures! Doctor Who fan. From Ohio and got her bachelor's from Ohio State studying geography and GIS

- Tabetha: family therapist from LA who likes to cook authentic vegan Mexican food.

Wanna join us?

You can  view updates to the posting on our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TreeHouseCupertino/posts/165811224905747?__tn__=K-R