New Connector - Publishing Process

Sameer Sakhare

Mar 14, 2023, 1:29:47 PM3/14/23
to looker-studio-developers-forum
Hello Team,

I am developers of a under review connector, & had interest in creating a connector for Google Looker Studio.

It was a great experience & learning about the Google App Script and development of connector. I have also took necessary step for publishing the connector.

But I want to understand that is there any way we can track the publishing progress, so that if there is any issue that can be mitigated as soon as possible from developers end.

Also I could not find any documentation or any article explaining the Verification Process / Confirmation of Verification / Problem mitigation during Verification process.

Regards,
Sameer S.

Olexander Paladiy

Apr 4, 2023, 9:44:02 AM4/4/23
to looker-studio-developers-forum
Hi Looker Studio team,

I want to join this conversation, We have a product called Coupler.io, we are extending our list of destinations to Looker Studio. We've tried to submit our connector to review but there were no reply during a month.
Is there a way to track status and understand if the process works and is not stuck.

btw Sameer deed you get your connector published or not yet?

Best,
Olexander

Janith Wickramasinghe

Apr 6, 2023, 2:03:43 PM4/6/23
to looker-studio-developers-forum
HI,

When I try to deploy, the url provided by deployment creation not working saying invalid deployment ID.

Sameer Sakhare

Apr 7, 2023, 12:02:53 PM4/7/23
to looker-studio-developers-forum
@olexander Paladiy:
Hope you have received my reply. If now here is the summary again.
- No My Connectors seems to be still in Review Process and not publish yet
- I can not track the process / progress of Review Process.
- Its almost 3+ week as of today, since I submitted the request for publishing.
Here is the Tweet I asked google for help too: https://twitter.com/sakhare_sameer/status/1641798981024993285

@Janith Wickarmasinghe:
Probably your connector is in Testing Mode and u might not have added the user in your testing user list. other wise it should work right of the box.

Olexander Paladiy

Apr 11, 2023, 9:26:16 AM4/11/23
to looker-studio-developers-forum
Hey Sameer,

We have pretty much the same situation:
- Followed all the instruction
- Deployed recent versions
- Prepared materials and video
- Submit a form

And there is no reply at all for the first submission that we did a few months ago and the new one that I did a week ago ;(

Pablo Gil

Apr 12, 2023, 11:32:55 PM4/12/23
to looker-studio-developers-forum
Same here, it's been ~3 months and no feedback.  I tried to find a support email but no luck.

Sameer Sakhare

Apr 14, 2023, 11:19:05 AM4/14/23
to looker-studio-developers-forum
@Olexander Paladiy
- Looks like it, there is no way to understand that if we did anything wrong in the process or everything is correct.
- Not able to identify where the issue is. for now I am sharing my connector directly to the users who want to use it (but that is not what I planned)

@Pablo Gil
True, I also tried finding all the contacts and resources but no luck.
- Infact I also commented on this video from Google Cloud Tech, in which they explain how to publish, but I don't see my comment there any more, they might have removed it.
this is the link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWFG98xpKiU
- I also tried contacting the host from the video on twitter: Minhaz Kazi. but no reply from him as well. then I tagged google to the same tweet but still no reply.

May be you can also reply to this post, lets see if it gets some traction,
My End Goal here is to publish my connector, If I made some mistake in the process then I should be informed to correct my mistake.

Sameer Sakhare

Apr 22, 2023, 4:35:58 PM4/22/23
to looker-studio-developers-forum
Hi all there a good news, for me my connector is now published and i recieved a mail regarding the same
Screenshot_20230423-015609__01.jpg

So it does get published and yours would also get published.

Olexander Paladiy

Apr 27, 2023, 9:51:26 AM4/27/23
to Sameer Sakhare, looker-studio-developers-forum
Great to hear that. Hope our case is somewhere in the queue.

Rahul Kumar Sharma

Jun 12, 2024, 7:16:39 AMJun 12
to looker-studio-developers-forum
Hello team,

Same situation we have also been facing, we have made a certain updates over the old connectors and submitted for the re-verification but still we haven't heard back and it's been almost a month, can you quickly check what is the situation or if is there any changes that we need to make we would do it immediatey.

looking forward.