on Lonergan's economics and stochastic systems as addressed by Terry Quinn

jaraymaker

Mar 31, 2024, 7:11:34 AMMar 31
to loner...@googlegroups.com
The mathematician and Lonergan Scholar,Terry Quinn's:
"Regarding Oslington's Assessment of Lonergan's Economics"

This paper draws attention to various fundamental errors in Oslington's assessment of Lonergan's economics. The problems are not unique to Oslington but are representative of the ethos in current mainstream economics, and so the paper invites dialogue. The critique regards methods, interpretations, and heuristics. The paper also identifies a class of counterexamples to Oslington's tacit claim that mathematization of Lonergan's economics in modern terms is not possible.

You can access the article (which Pierre and I touch on in our book) at this link:

John