recalling some previous discussions here on overcoming "partisan assumptions" and "vicious circles"

jaraymaker

May 5, 2024, 3:39:48 AMMay 5
to loner...@googlegroups.com
nread," Partisan assumptions" and vicious circles are two of the challenges Lonergan set out to unmask. Cf a discussion we had on our site 10 months ago (on Jul 2, 2023):

Hi all, (Here I would like to recall part of an exchange here going back to July, 2023):
"We Lonerganians are "hanging in there" but without clear evidence of having made a "PR breakthrough" in our attempts to go beyond today's many vicious circles and endless propaganda." (John)

That lack of breakthrough is due in part to the curious underuse by Lonerganians of contemporary "PR opportunities" for public discourse.

If and when such a PR breakthrough does occur, let participating Lonerganians from the west be properly circumspect about conflicts of (predominantly class) interests governing western legacy outlets (e.g. think tanks, etc).

Partisan presumptions touch on who is and who is not PRIORITIZING moral  imperatives and intellectual honesty & rigor. Any "non-prioritizing" tends to subvert possible breakthroughs that Lonerganians might make in this regard." Ending of a message I addressed to Adrial on July 3, 2023.
Fast-forward to today May 5 2024:

The current complex and far-reaching transformations across the globe are mind-boggling! Add to that the need to address the social injustices often manifested in French demonstrations by the disadvantaged! Note that China's ruler, XI Jung Pin, is arriving in France today--with scheduled follow-ups in Serbia and Hungary, all meant to reduce the USA's influence in Europe!

In view of the above, I ask "Can and will political law-makers find guidance when lobbyists and their money are committed to increase the "share" of the rich?" Indeed, disinformation and rampant  propaganda by the rich and powerful complicate the situation!

In our book, just published, Pierre and I call for two additional conversions, the communal ones or "turnarounds" in economic and environmetal policies. We quote several members of this site who have contributed to our discusssions here over the past years."        John

PIERRE WHALON

May 5, 2024, 4:12:37 AMMay 5
to 'David Bibby' via Lonergan_L
Xi comes to Paris, and where is Olaf Scholz? « Other commitments… had to wash his hair...

jaraymaker

May 5, 2024, 4:23:10 AMMay 5
to loner...@googlegroups.com
Pierre, the NY Times today argues that Xi carefully chose France, Hungary and Serbia so as to further his own agenda and undermine US influence. Germany is undergoing several forms of crises; Scholz and his "Ampel Koalition" are the target of much criticism in Parliament and the German Press,   John

Le 5 mai 2024 à 09:39, 'jaraymaker' via Lonergan_L <loner...@googlegroups.com> a écrit