Fwd: [ANN] SequenceServer 1.0

Yannick Wurm

Mar 12, 2015, 9:18:59 AM3/12/15
to londonb...@googlegroups.com

From: Anurag Priyam <anurag0...@gmail.com>
Date: 12 March 2015 10:10:01 GMT
Subject: [ANN] SequenceServer 1.0
To: BioRuby ML <bio...@lists.open-bio.org>
Cc: Yannick Wurm <y.w...@qmul.ac.uk>

Hey all,

SequenceServer is a simple to setup and intuitive to use local BLAST server (sequenceserver.com).  (well it tries to be).

Today we are pleased to announce 1.0 release of SequenceServer. We have kept the interface minimal and strived to make searching intuitive and BLAST output readable and easy to follow.

- Drag n drop FASTA files in the browser window to BLAST.
- Overview of results per query in graphical and tabular format.
- View sequence and download FASTA of a single hit, selected hits, or all hits (upto 30 hits - technical limitation).
- Download results in XML and tabular (TSV) format for downstream analysis.
- Add custom links for hits.

To install/update:

  $ gem install sequenceserver

Configuring SequenceServer to work with your FASTA files / BLAST+ databases is a breeze. Just run

  $ sequenceserver

And it will guide you through a quick setup process.

- Can automatically download BLAST+ binaries.
- Itself asks for the location of FASTA files (or BLAST+ databases) and saves the path for further use.
- Offers to create BLAST+ databases from FASTA files.
- Intelligently suggests title when creating BLAST+ databases.

We hope you enjoy using SequenceServer. We will continue to improve SequenceServer with bug fixes and new features through upcoming releases. Stay tuned! Spread the awesomeness! And write to us how we can improve!

-- Priyam

Yannick Wurm - http://wurmlab.github.io
Ants, Genomes & Evolution ⋅ y.w...@qmul.ac.uk ⋅ skype:yannickwurm ⋅ +44 207 882 3049
5.03A Fogg ⋅ School of Biological & Chemical Sciences ⋅ Queen Mary, University of London ⋅ Mile End Road ⋅ E1 4NS London ⋅ UK