New group on this topic - meeting November 9th at Watermans Art Centre 2-4:30

Camille

Oct 13, 2014, 12:21:43 PM10/13/14
to london-thr...@googlegroups.com
Hello all

I'm starting a new group with another woman Melissa Coleman and the kick-off November 9th at Watermans Art Centre 2-4:30 (southwest Greater London) at the Digital Performance Weekend, Networked Bodies, from November 7-9th.

Stitch, Bitch and Make/Perform (PR)

"Please join a new group of artists, designers, makers, engineers, artists & performers within the field of wearable technologies, design, performance, etextiles and fashion.

This group brings different disciplines investigating the same domain together: to share, present, debate, make, teach & learn about new artistic visions & directions in design, performativity, materiality, and making practices for wearables."

---
Details:

The kick-off of a bi-monthly gathering for artistic /research/ practice, sharing, show & tell, workshops& talks on themes of  soft circuits and DIY electronics, e-textiles, digital fashion, wearables and related topics in art, design, research and performance. This forum will combine the concept of Goldsmiths' "Thursday Club" or the CyberSalon, meets MzTeK & Codasign's hands-on workhops, meets London Threads meetup group, with an ambitious aim to bring other Greater London-based groups, both artistic and academic together.

This group hopes to draw artists, fashion and other designers, performers, makers, electronic technologies, bio-technologists, wearable DIY enthusiasts, quantified-selfies all together to discuss, show, share, educate and learn from each other on the current issues and future directions in this developing area.

This first event aims to be mix of conversation/salon/meetup,  challenging guest experts and other participants to:

1) review and interrogate the book "Garments of Desire",
2) wearable trends (DIY, fashion, medical, sports, textiles, QS),
3) the tech fashion in Digital Revolutions at Barbican in the summer...

The discussion will be facilitated by myself and Melissa Coleman... it will be free I think.

We hope to see you there!

Camille
:.
Camille, Baker, PhD Digital Media
Media Artist / Researcher/ Curator
www.swampgirl67.net
http://swampgirl67.wordpress.com
:.

Samantha Harvey

Oct 13, 2014, 12:34:41 PM10/13/14
to london-thr...@googlegroups.com

Hi Camille
That sounds really interesting, I would  like to participate please.
Best wishes Sam

Emilie Giles

Oct 13, 2014, 1:10:59 PM10/13/14
to london-thr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Camille,

Exciting! Looking forward to these meet ups.

Em

Sent from my iPhone

Camille

Oct 14, 2014, 4:58:07 AM10/14/14
to london-thr...@googlegroups.com
Yes - lets make it intriguing!

Camille

Camille

Oct 14, 2014, 4:59:29 AM10/14/14
to london-thr...@googlegroups.com
Hey Sam

Just come to Watermans Art Centre on Nov 9 at 2:00pm & lets see where we can take it!

Camille

Adrian Godwin

Oct 14, 2014, 5:24:24 AM10/14/14
to london-thr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Camille,

Good to see you get involved in this.  I'm at Watermans that weekend, not sure how busy I'll be but hope to join you.