Possible "soft" art for the hackspace fence?

Akki

Jul 29, 2014, 6:10:03 AM7/29/14
to london-thr...@googlegroups.com
Been around Shoreditch and seen some interesting uses of fabric/yarn/materials to make cool little art things in fences... think it'd be neat to have on our fence and it'd not get in anyone's way. Stuff like this:

http://www.bitrebels.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Yarn-Bombing-Graffiti-Art-3.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/photos/fishies_go_pook/13454383164/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/fishies_go_pook/13454129063/ (detail to show how it's part of the fence)

We could all just make a few little crocheted flowers and then attach with wire or more yarn maybe? Was thinking wire so we can wire up the flowers and some leaves etc and wrap around the fence posts

Obviously they'd not be treated as precious, as the weather will affect them and so they'll have to be taken down and renewed with new work as time goes on.

We could even change/theme it to seasons - spiders and spider webs for October/Halloween, Snowflakes for christmas (stiffened with wire as normal stiffening solutions wouldn't hold up to rain).

Anyone up for this with me?

~Akki