Composing Sensors - call for participants

Giacomo Lepri

Aug 13, 2019, 11:09:50 AM8/13/19
to London Music Hack Space

Composing Sensors

The Augmented Instruments Laboratory (Centre for Digital Music - Queen Mary University) invites musicians, technologists and makers to participate in a compositional game. Each participants will work with three sensors and one audio programming language (Pure Data or SuperCollider).

You will have the chance to design some sounds in collaboration with another teammate. By the end of the game you will have composed a simple instrument rising from the cooperation between you and your buddy.

It's fun + it's music + you get £20 for your time and kindness!

The activity is part of one of the Augmented Instrument Lab's current research projects - investigating instrumental agencies in compositional and performative settings. The exercise will last up to 1 hour 15 min and it will be at Queen Mary (Engineering building, Mile End Rd - E1 4NS music studio facilities).

Please get in touch with Giacomo (g.l...@qmul.ac.uk) if you would like to participate! All level of expertise in the use of PD and SC are welcomed. We will just need to know if you prefer to use one or the other software. We will be running this project during the next months, do not hesitate to contact us if you are interested but not available right now!

Thanks for your support!